Waves Free Plugin Revealed

cclarry

7 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Mine just came in. Now I need to decide if adding v11 to my system is worth it.

let me help you with that - if everything is working fine at the moment then it's not !

why risk it for a single, free plugin

leave it in your account until there is a proper reason to upgrade

(just MO obviously)

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 2

5 hours ago, TheSteven said:

When I upgraded to v10, projects in my various DAWs that had v9 plugs still wanted the v9 versions.
I made the mistake of getting ride of v9 before transferring settings over to all the v10 equivalents.

I have version 11 plugins on my system. But no V10 or V9. Any older project I open with Waves plugins in it open correctly. I would get with support and see what's wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Grem said:

OK, I signed up the first time but I didn't get a email yesterday or today telling me I got something.

How did ya'll find out?

I got an email from Waves:

Sent: Friday, November 29, 2019 1:10 PM
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Subject: Here’s Your Free Waves Berzerk Plugin

While I was kind of dreading moving to Waves 11, it actually went pretty seamlessly on my new Windows 10  machines. First I did the 11 download and install, which only covered 1 or 2 of my plugins since I don’t WUP. Then I down-loaded (but did not directly activate) the last 9 legacy installer from the Waves site. Instead I then followed the instructions for the OFF line  activation of 9 through the 11 Service Center. 

Edited by LAGinz
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

While I was kind of dreading moving to Waves 11, it actually went pretty seamlessly on my new Windows 10  machines. First I did the 11 download and install, which only covered 1 or 2 of my plugins since I don’t WUP. Then I down-loaded (but did not directly activate) the last 9 legacy installer from the Waves site. Instead I then followed the instructions for the OFF line  activation of 9 through the 11 Service Center. 

I'm in the same boat - I'm going to write this down and save it if I feel the need to update to v11! Thanks!

2 hours ago, Grem said:

I have version 11 plugins on my system. But no V10 or V9. Any older project I open with Waves plugins in it open correctly. I would get with support and see what's wrong. 

Unless he upgrades to v11, I'm betting Waves only response will be "upgrade to v11."  They provide zero support for anything outside of current.