Panning on an Audio track. Resolved

Gerry 1943

I presently have a project with 2 guitar audio tracks and I am thinking of maybe adding however I have a problem.

For one reason or other I can only get the sound to come from the left side. If I try to pan to the right side...silence.

What might I be doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for any info.

Regards.

Edited by Gerry 1943

@BRainbow is correct - it's most likely your track is going directly to the audio interface's output, rather than a stereo output or bus.

Unless you created a completely blank project, Cakewalk should have created a Master, Metronome and Preview bus.

The easiest way to solve your issue is to make sure your tracks are routed to the Master bus.

9 hours ago, Gerry 1943 said:

I presently have a project with 2 guitar audio tracks and I am thinking of maybe adding however I have a problem.

For one reason or other I can only get the sound to come from the left side. If I try to pan to the right side...silence.

What might I be doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for any info.

Regards.

Guitar is mono in nature and if you recorded a Mono guitar track onto a Stereo track in Cakewalk, you will have one side that is silent (flat-lined)

Look at the track and is it a stereo track and do  both sides (channels) of that stereo track have a waveform? If one side is flat-lined and one side has the guitar track on it, then when you pan it to the side without the guitar track, no sound will be heard from that side

• 3 weeks later...