Sonarworks BF Sale

cclarry

Not all of life happens in comfortable studios. Take your reference sound where your work or inspiration takes you. Reference 4 delivers the ultimate accuracy you need, anywhere you are. Get yours now with -40% OFF and take advantage of:

Ability to work and switch seamlessly between your devices, studios, and projects

Continuity of your workflow regardless of distance, gear or set-up

Feel more certain and confident with the decisions and moves you're making

And more with -40% OFF

Don't miss out! Save 40% and bring your mixing game to a whole new level.

Buy Reference 4 Now

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

no headphone correction with Arc

True.  Then you can try out the ToneBoosters one for 39 EUR and you still come out way ahead pricewise. 

https://www.toneboosters.com/tb_morphit_v1.html

Then there's the Room Correction Wizard for FREE, but I got in WAY over my head the first time I tried getting into that one.

(Disclaimer: I own NONE of these but have been looking into different options for awhile.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don't know about ToneBoosters, but the main thing I like about Sonarworks vs ARC (I have both, too) is the "Systemwide" aspect. Sonarworks doesn't have to be a plugin that you turn on/off. You can use it as a Virtual Audio Device. Everything goes thru it - DAW output, streaming, Skype, etc. When you print your final mix, Sonarworks Systemwide correction is not added to the mix since it's not a plugin. The DAW doesn't even know it's there. It's the same affect as if your speakers themselves have been corrected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/4/2019 at 5:39 PM, fret_man said:

Don't know about ToneBoosters, but the main thing I like about Sonarworks vs ARC (I have both, too) is the "Systemwide" aspect. Sonarworks doesn't have to be a plugin that you turn on/off. You can use it as a Virtual Audio Device. Everything goes thru it - DAW output, streaming, Skype, etc. When you print your final mix, Sonarworks Systemwide correction is not added to the mix since it's not a plugin. The DAW doesn't even know it's there. It's the same affect as if your speakers themselves have been corrected.

Now that is some GREAT info! Thanks.  Are you certain ARC doesn't do the system-wide thing?  That's a big deal.

Hi Folks!

I thought I'd mention something hopefully can save someone a lot of head-scratching if you use Sonarworks with a Focusrite interface.  I am NOT discouraging you from buying Sonarworks (I love mine!) - I'm just pointing out an issue which you may encounter until it is resolved.  

Currently there are potential issues with Sonarworks Systemwide and some Focusrite drivers.  What can happen depending on Focusrite interface, driver, OS version, and who knows what else, is that audio in DAWs, and standalone players (Kontakt, UVI Workstation, Kushview Element, …) may get a vinyl record like static or pops regardless of ASIO buffer size.  In my case, I have a Jim Roseberry ProStudio i9 running W10 Pro 1903, and a Focusrite 18i8 2nd Gen.  Sonarworks has been looking into this, and in their opinion, they seem to be confident it is a Focusrite driver issue, and feel they may know exactly what it is.  Interestingly, Focusrite sent me a Beta driver yesterday, and it seems to have eliminated 95% of the issue.  Rather than getting a near constant vinyl LP like static in audio, the Beta driver gives me about one pop per minute.

THE GOOD NEWS: This seems to be a Focusrite issue with Systemwide only.  The Reference 4 DAW plugin seems to work fine after Quitting Systemwide in the System Tray, using just the Sonarworks DAW plugin.  This means work can continue normally (with the correction via plugin), but you will not have the Systemwide correction active for other audio sources unless you relaunch Systemwide.  (Things like Windows Groove Player and Youtube audio interestingly are not affected by this issue).  

Last, Sonarworks has indicated they have received a lot of complaints about this issue, but only from Focusrite users.  Other interfaces and their associated drivers appear to be immune.

Hopefully this saves someone some time trouble,

Pete

5 minutes ago, PeteL said:

Hi Folks!

I thought I'd mention something hopefully can save someone a lot of head-scratching if you use Sonarworks with a Focusrite interface.  I am NOT discouraging you from buying Sonarworks (I love mine!) - I'm just pointing out an issue which you may encounter until it is resolved.  

Currently there are potential issues with Sonarworks Systemwide and some Focusrite drivers.  What can happen depending on Focusrite interface, driver, OS version, and who knows what else, is that audio in DAWs, and standalone players (Kontakt, UVI Workstation, Kushview Element, …) may get a vinyl record like static or pops regardless of ASIO buffer size.  In my case, I have a Jim Roseberry ProStudio i9 running W10 Pro 1903, and a Focusrite 18i8 2nd Gen.  Sonarworks has been looking into this, and in their opinion, they seem to be confident it is a Focusrite driver issue, and feel they may know exactly what it is.  Interestingly, Focusrite sent me a Beta driver yesterday, and it seems to have eliminated 95% of the issue.  Rather than getting a near constant vinyl LP like static in audio, the Beta driver gives me about one pop per minute.

THE GOOD NEWS: This seems to be a Focusrite issue with Systemwide only.  The Reference 4 DAW plugin seems to work fine after Quitting Systemwide in the System Tray, using just the Sonarworks DAW plugin.  This means work can continue normally (with the correction via plugin), but you will not have the Systemwide correction active for other audio sources unless you relaunch Systemwide.  (Things like Windows Groove Player and Youtube audio interestingly are not affected by this issue).  

Last, Sonarworks has indicated they have received a lot of complaints about this issue, but only from Focusrite users.  Other interfaces and their associated drivers appear to be immune.

Hopefully this saves someone some time trouble,

Pete

I have this, too, with Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen. It happens only with bigger ASIO buffer sizes, 1024 samples producing the most annoying stutter and some kind of audio slowdown. I don't use the new Sonarworks Systemwide ASIO mode, but the Windows Audio mode. An upgrade to Sonarworks has been released since I tried, so maybe I should give the ASIO mode another try now.

This is not that big of a deal, but it would be nice to be able to keep the Focusrite buffer size at whatever value and not have to tweak it to listen to Spotify or Youtube. The problem hasn't gone away with the latest beta driver from Focusrite.

Guyz i had issues with system wide , and i debugged it on my own .... baically it's a sample rates issue  , if i work at 48 in studio one , if i laucnhe after that sonarworks system wide , the Sample rate will be still at 48 , soanrworkws will not change , but it works only at 44 !!! so i have to open my cousndcar panel and be sure to be at 44 each time i need to work with system wide ....

If some face the issue of video not playing in youtube or the no sound issue , try this ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2