Secret to Updating?

Michael McBroom

Question

I just discovered that I've apparently been laboring under the mistaken impression that I have the latest version of CbB installed. When I hit Help/Check for update, it reports I have v24.11.0.31 installed and it states, "You are up to date!" But just now, I hit Help/Documentation, which takes me over to  Cakewalk's old site, and at the bottom right of the banner, right next to "Cakewalk by BandLab" in muted gray tones is 25.01.0. I check into things a bit further and I find, indeed that 2019.01 exists and has some new features. So I launch the BandLab app, in search of a link to the latest update, but I can't find any. Even when I do a search about on Cakewalk's old site, I can't find any.

What I do find are links to download Cakewalk -- all over the place. So, now I'm wondering -- is this how one installs the updates now, by downloading the entire program and installing it over itself?

If there is indeed a link to an update, I'd sure appreciate it if you would tell me where it's hiding. Cuz I couldn't find one after a good ten minutes of looking for it.

And what's up with Cakewalk -- not SPlat, but CbB -- what's up with it telling me "You are up to date!"  anyway? Especially when I'm not.

3 answers to this question