[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2019.11 Hotfix Early Access 1

Noel Borthwick

You're probably right, even though I almost certainly did not use exclusive in the end (I just get no sound whatsoever, which probably should not surprise me). I most likely remember fiddling with the slider after setting exclusive temporarily (and before reverting to shared after noticing exclusive does not really work for me).

On 11/28/2019 at 9:21 PM, Apeirofobia said:

I've been experiencing some trouble with melodyne, everytime I create a FX region, the software displays the melodyne window but with no information. I need to close it and open it again so I can see the notes.

I'm seeing this too with the Hot Fix (don't have the release to test it with).  I load in a small audio bit and make it a Melodyne RegionFX and the Melodyne window doesn't show any notes.  If you close and reopen the window it does have the notes.

5 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I'm seeing this too with the Hot Fix (don't have the release to test it with).  I load in a small audio bit and make it a Melodyne RegionFX and the Melodyne window doesn't show any notes.  If you close and reopen the window it does have the notes.

Same here. Using CbB latest release (2019.11-build 54), and latest Melodyne (4.2.4.001).

4 hours ago, PeterMc said:

Same here. Using CbB latest release (2019.11-build 54), and latest Melodyne (4.2.4.001).

I'm running Win 7,   Latest release of CbB (2019-build 54).  { Melodyne (4.2.4.001 ) Studio version } and  I'm not noticing this issue. Maybe studio and essentials are operating a little differently? Just thought I'd try to add a bit to this.  I know that in the Studio version - I have to select the "blobs" in the track view properties of Melodyne when instantiating multiple tracks. I'm not too familiar with essentials version differences though.

15 minutes ago, RBH said:

I'm running Win 7,   Latest release of CbB (2019-build 54).  { Melodyne (4.2.4.001 ) Studio version } and  I'm not noticing this issue. Maybe studio and essentials are operating a little differently? Just thought I'd try to add a bit to this.  I know that in the Studio version - I have to select the "blobs" in the track view properties of Melodyne when instantiating multiple tracks. I'm not too familiar with essentials version differences though.

Running Melodyne assistant here and not noticing anything bad PRE  hotfix install.

54 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Matthew Sorrels are you sure that this is new to the .11 release? No changes in that area that I know of that could have impacted that. 

I'm not sure (and I haven't setup any way to roll back yet), but it certainly is a bug now.  I'm running the full Melodyne 4 Studio 4.2.4.001  (not sure that matters).  After testing it a bit, it looks like the "edit notes" icon isn't enabled/clicked on the track that is opened in Melodyne.  If you click on the little blob in the track list, the blobs appear.

Here's what the editor looks like when it's opened:

9BV3eD.jpg

Notice the little orange blob icon in upper left doesn't have a white outline.  If you click that, the notes then appear:

YAMkHE.jpg

It may be a problem Melodyne needs to fix, I'm not sure.  Cubase doesn't work this way (with it's new ARA features) though (the extent of my testing really).

31 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I'm not sure (and I haven't setup any way to roll back yet), but it certainly is a bug now.  I'm running the full Melodyne 4 Studio 4.2.4.001  (not sure that matters).  After testing it a bit, it looks like the "edit notes" icon isn't enabled/clicked on the track that is opened in Melodyne.  If you click on the little blob in the track list, the blobs appear.

9BV3eD.jpg

Notice the little orange blob icon in upper left doesn't have a white outline.  If you click that, the notes then appear:

YAMkHE.jpg

It may be a problem Melodyne needs to fix, I'm not sure.  Cubase doesn't work this way (with it's new ARA features) though (the extent of my testing really).

I behaved the same, but it was the same in the version before i think.

1 hour ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

9BV3eD.jpg

YAMkHE.jpg

Yes this has been happening for me, but not because of this update, but way back when Celemony fixed the Algorithm issue.

I'm experiencing a problem with playback (and recording). When I start the transport (either playback or record) I hear a sharp transient and then nothing. Stopping and restarting just produces the same transient, followed by no sound. The current song position increments steadily as though it were playing back, but no sound is heard.

The only way to recover from this is to go into the ASIO panel and change the buffer size, either up or down. Then it works as expected for a few minutes more.  Note that "recycling the audio engine" by clicking on the icons in the transport module in Cakewalk is not sufficient.  I need to change buffer size in the ASIO panel.

Here's the kicker: This has happened with both my ECHO Layla 3G PCI and also my Focusrite 6i6 (2nd Gen) USB. 

I realize that I need to repro this behavior with the Focusrite exclusively, and demonstrate that it worked better in 2019.09 than in 2019.11, before I have a legit claim that some change in .11 has been detrimental, but I thought I'd post here. I'll be running more tests today.

1 hour ago, Colin Nicholls said:

I'm experiencing a problem with playback (and recording). When I start the transport (either playback or record) I hear a sharp transient and then nothing. Stopping and restarting just produces the same transient, followed by no sound. The current song position increments steadily as though it were playing back, but no sound is heard.

The only way to recover from this is to go into the ASIO panel and change the buffer size, either up or down. Then it works as expected for a few minutes more.  Note that "recycling the audio engine" by clicking on the icons in the transport module in Cakewalk is not sufficient.  I need to change buffer size in the ASIO panel.

Here's the kicker: This has happened with both my ECHO Layla 3G PCI and also my Focusrite 6i6 (2nd Gen) USB. 

I realize that I need to repro this behavior with the Focusrite exclusively, and demonstrate that it worked better in 2019.09 than in 2019.11, before I have a legit claim that some change in .11 has been detrimental, but I thought I'd post here. I'll be running more tests today.

@Colin Nicholls Strange. is this a MIDI or audio project? When it goes silent, do you see meter activity on the Main outs in the console?

• Morten Saether changed the title to [CLOSED] Cakewalk 2019.11 Hotfix Early Access 1