[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2019.11 Hotfix Early Access 1

Noel Borthwick

2019.11 Hotfix Early Access 1 (HFEA1) installer now available!

Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback on the official 2019.11 release! This hotfix addresses some key issues based on field reports and user feedback. We're releasing this early to unblock any users who rely on onboard audio devices using WASAPI mode. The public hotfix will be released soon but we're waiting for more feedback before final release. Please report any issues in the 2019.11 feedback thread.

Note: The HFEA1 installer will only update the official 2019.11 release.

Download Hotfix EA1

What's New

• Glitchy audio playback with WASAPI on some devices - particularly with onboard audio since updating to 2019.11.
  • Crash if an ASIO device was disconnected while in use by the application

• Thanks 1

Because when using shared wsapi because I have two input devices, you can't select both. if I want all A have to go to preferences, if I want to use b I have to go to preferences. when normal should be, choose directly from the input channel? Also if you choose the ISO drive has only latency and does not recognize the overall audio output, with wsapi is very good. aside from having to select from the menu p. thx

You can't select two inputs or outputs from DIFFERENT devices in WASAPI shared mode. Its a limitation of how shared mode works.

If you want to use different devices simultaneously use WASAPI exclusive mode which has the ability to pick independent devices simultaneously. Of course this will only work if the two different devices support the common sample rate.

Issues prior to the latest update  was crashing when using VST 3 instruments and plugins along with the ASIO  audio driver. You recommended solution was to use WASAPI driver and use VST2 instead. This worked. I installed the latest update and opened an existing project and the sound from my studio monitors was as if my speakers were blown. There was a buzzing noise . I also started a new project and tried  again to use ASIO and VST3 and it crashed when I inserted a midi clip from Ample guitar. I tried again, this time I only changed back to VST3 and left the driver to ASIO and it also crashed.  I changed the driver back to WASAPI and opened an existing project with VST2 instruments and the sound is crackly on playback and soon after I got a “audio engine dropout (9)”. I created a new project with WASAPI and VST2 plugins and it was ok.

On 11/29/2019 at 4:21 AM, Apeirofobia said:

I've been experiencing some trouble with melodyne, everytime I create a FX region, the software displays the melodyne window but with no information. I need to close it and open it again so I can see the notes.

same issue here. I have to use my old sonar platinum untill this is resloved :(

Thank you for this hotfix and posting on the Facebook pages. I installed the last build and straight away had problems in playback - terrible noise, no matter the latency.

This update fixed all that (whew) - no I can get back to making music.

• Thanks 1

Hi,

Thanks for the hotfix (it seems to work), adding my data point:

Got the issue specifically with the last Cakewalk update (I was working on a project, it was fine; installed the update, resumed work, it was no longer fine; in the meantime no Windows updates, I'm running 7 so I can be fairly sure, no other updates I would know of), reinstalled everything, removed all my plugins, still had the issue.

The most relevant info pre-hotfix: driver mode WASAPI Shared (because I'm cheap and only have on-board audio), Mixing Latency settings fixed and cannot be changed.

Post hotfix: still WASAPI Shared, Mixing Latency settings actually still fixed and cannot be changed but the noise and dropouts are no longer there.

See also screenshots (sorry for half of them being JPGs, I didn't notice they were being saved like that).

Looking forward to seeing it permanently and officially fixed but good job nonetheless.

before1.JPG

before2.JPG

before3.JPG

after1.PNG

after2.PNG

after3.PNG

I thought I understood the issue but apparently I don't 😊 I thought that before the update I had been able to set a higher latency by increasing buffer size and/or number of buffers (so audio always had time to be processed) but after the update both have been set to a very low value (and not all samples were computed on time, causing all the buzz) without the option to increase either.

Glad it works again, though.

• Morten Saether changed the title to [CLOSED] Cakewalk 2019.11 Hotfix Early Access 1