UJAM BF Sale

cclarry

Picked up the 75% off deal on SOLID 2 at Plugin Boutique that Larry put up here.  Thank you for that, Larry! 

I never had much interest in ujam drums (I am married to AD), but they are fun with the basses and guitars. 

The guitar I never see mentioned much is the nylon one, SILK.  In addition to sounding beautiful, it's the only one that lets you play different bass notes, which adds a lot.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 2

Looking at the last deal in UJAM's store....

https://www.ujam.com/store/ 

I have Phat 2 from an earlier cheap upgrade from Phat 1. This would let me upgrade from one Virtual Drummer to the Virtual Drummer 2 Bundle.
So I would get Heavy 2 and Solid 2 for $49 which seems like a pretty good deal. 

Although I am also looking for the best price on that Hitmaker bundle which includes Amber (the only guitar I am missing), Solid 2 and Royal. 

Decisions, decisions.

P.S. I have run out of reactions 💙

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

The guitar I never see mentioned much is the nylon one, SILK.  In addition to sounding beautiful, it's the only one that lets you play different bass notes, which adds a lot.

Silk is the one I use most as it sounds great and has some excellent patterns (also Efimov Nylon Strum). The only issue I have is that it crackles in CbB unless I use jbridge but when using jbridge after a while it produces no sound output. Works fine in other DAWs though so I tend to create what I want in Studio One and then import that into CbB as a WAV when I use it.

• Like 1

This looks like a cheap way to get Carbon if you own all the other guitars

https://www.bestservice.com/virtual_guitarist_bundle_upgrade.html 

Just looking at the cheapest way to get Amber to be eligible for this ^^^

I guess it all depends on whether you pay VAT as to which place works out cheapest.
hint: I do usually like JRR.... see Larry's post below for a cheap v2 drums upgrade.

Edited by ZincT
Larry's is cheaper!

52 minutes ago, ZincT said:

This looks like a cheap way to get Carbon if you own all the other guitars

https://www.bestservice.com/virtual_guitarist_bundle_upgrade.html 

Okay, you got me........I swore not to get involved in the BF hype, but that deal does look interesting...............(exits stage left to try and find out if JRR can offer a similar deal....)

• Like 1

I've been eyeing Solid and Eden for a while. But when the prices went this low, I realized, that these tools ( I have Phat and  two beatmakers) are never used in my projects, only during tests, where they fail big time compared against ToonTrack drummers, AD2 and even Air Strike. Because: 1) they sound cheap, 2) the workflow is tedious.

I hope someone can prove me wrong and demonstrate a great sounding tune produced with these tools.

• Thanks 1

I think drum sound is a matter of taste. Everybody has his own vision how it should sound. So I have to curb the euphoria of AD2 (even if it is also my #2), IMHO their kicks sound awful, much too roomy. With all of their endless processing possibilities I don't get rid of it, seems it is attached to the base samples. It's a pity, because I like the rest of AD2 (okay, the snares could also sound better!).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, marled said:

I think drum sound is a matter of taste. Everybody has his own vision how it should sound. So I have to curb the euphoria of AD2 (even if it is also my #2), IMHO their kicks sound awful, much too roomy. With all of their endless processing possibilities I don't get rid of it, seems it is attached to the base samples. It's a pity, because I like the rest of AD2 (okay, the snares could also sound better!).

Don't mean to hijack this thread. AD2 is very expressive and don't really work good if you need a solid groove played evenly and rock solid. But they shine when you want a drum player that is inspired yet just a tiny bit sloppy. Software instruments are not just samples, processing and triggering engine. It's mostly the player's technique often associated with his feel and touch as well as recording engineer's idea of a perfect take. You are correct, it's a matter of taste but also a sum of all production techniques and visions behind the product. If something wasn't meant to be a top notch product but  maybe just a temporary stand-in for amateur composers/arrangers, it's hard to expect excellence from this.

Still hope to hear a nice tune made with these instruments.

• Thanks 1

If you are looking for guitars, I would recommend you demo Carbon first before getting it.   Based on my noodling with it in the demo, I'm probably going to sell my copy  .  It's really more of a sound design tool than a guitar, which is fine if that's what you want.   After all this BF dust settles, I'll play around with it more and decide. 

I like the synergy between the basses and the guitars.  They work so well together that you can just set them up a certain way and then...  u jam.    Seriously, these are really great instruments when u want to just  jam.  

I actually demoed the drums long ago and rejected them as I thought I already had better stuff.   The basses and the guitars sold me on the drums.  I'm still missing Heavy, but I think I can live with that. 

One more thing:  I had some issues during install, and the customer service of ujam was stellar.  Best ever.  As soon as I wrote in, the guy immediately wrote back and started to help me.  And he fixed my problem in no time at all.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, paulo said:

I've asked the question of JRR, but I guess I won't get a reply over the weekend.

Uncle E says he already asked UJAM and they said no and also told BS to take their deal down, which it seems they have already. On the plus side my plan to not buy anything in the BF hype is still intact.

• Thanks 1