Keyboard controller not working since last update

nitrox32

I just updated to the new version and my midi keyboard has stopped working.  It works on Finale and other standalone synths.  I have restarted my computer, uninstalled and reinstalled sonar, reset my audio interface.  I'm not sure what the problem is but I could use some help.  Specs:  Intel i7, 2.8 ghz, 16 gigs ram, Windows 10 (recently updated).

If it's working with standalone synths, drivers should not be a problem.  First of all, if you're using WASAPI driver mode, change your default rate for new projects to 48kHz; Noel posted earlier there's a known issue with WASAPI at  44.1kHz. EDIT: Looks like the hotfix is already out: 

If still a problem, let us know which of the following steps doesn't give the expected result:

-  Make sure both the MIDI and Audio devices are enabled in Preferences.

- Insert TTS-1 as separate MIDI and First Audio Output tracks.

- Set the input of the MIDI track to the keyboard.

- Enable Input Echo on the MIDI track.

- Play the keyboard and look for MIDI output activity in the MIDI track meter.

- If you see activity but don't hear anything, open the TTS-1 UI, and click one of the audition buttons at the bottom of a channel strip.

- If you still don't hear anything, open the Console view, drag the pane dividers to the left so you can see the hardware out channel strip(s), click and audition button again, and look for activity in that output meter.

- If you have activity there, and still don't hear anything, and you're sure your monitoring sytem is active, something's going on with availability of your audio drivers to Cakewalk.

Edited by David Baay