Update - default settings - help!

pdarg

Cakewalk users – I need your help.

The recent software update seems to have changed some of my default settings and made a few new mouse symbols/icons appear – confusing me confusion, etc.

I just want to return to my earlier settings.

The big thing is that – when I hit my rewind button – the song returns to start and then keeps playing. I just want it to stop and return to start.

Also, when I move the mouse above the tracks in track View, I am getting some funny icons/symbols appear that weren’t there before. Where are the settings to turn these off, etc.?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, pdarg said:

The big thing is that – when I hit my rewind button – the song returns to start and then keeps playing. I just want it to stop and return to start.

Try this: Track View > Options > Click Behavior > Transport Seeking Stops Behavior

image.png.ef6700e25427672c5a78bc22bd781e23.png

See previous discussion here.

Edited by User 905133
to add a link to a discussion about the change and solution
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, pdarg said:

Also, when I move the mouse above the tracks in track View, I am getting some funny icons/symbols appear that weren’t there before. Where are the settings to turn these off, etc.?

You mean this "double sided arrow/S thing  ?

NewFeatures.28.2.png

They are the new Selection markers and can not be turned off

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=NewFeatures.28.html

You can however, Press- CNTRL+SHIFT+A to select none. This will temp remove them until another selection is made.

And here's the other half of the mystery: apparently Cakewalk is "reserving" certain kind bindings, and my precious "W" has been reserved for something else now.

I'll have to use another key, but years of choosing "W" to stop and rewin - that's a hard habit to change.

5 hours ago, Rod L. Short said:

I do wish we could turn that thing off! It's constantly in the way and, personally,  I haven't figured out what it even does/why it is needed/useful.

The selection markers allow you to easily change a selection by dragging the marker, and the new pointer tools allow you to select the desired marker when two or more (loop, punch, selection) markers are on top of each other.

8 minutes ago, pdarg said:

And here's the other half of the mystery: apparently Cakewalk is "reserving" certain kind bindings, and my precious "W" has been reserved for something else now.

I'll have to use another key, but years of choosing "W" to stop and rewin - that's a hard habit to change.

You can choose to have W to function as "Rewind + Stop."  While the default is to return to the beginning and continue, I was able to change it back.  I tested it before I posted my screen shot (above).  I will test it again.

ADDENDUM:  YUP!!!             Track View > Options > Click Behavior > Transport Seeking Stops Behavior

image.png.bc358bfd0e6a3fd88df17ca0624ae323.png

Edited by User 905133
to report that W can do "Rewind + Stop" and to post a screen shot