How do I use OwnHammer software?

yeto

Hi,

I downloaded this software but I can't figure out how to use it. Can someone point me in the right direction? I want to enter some notes in PRV and then have them sound like they are coming out of a Mesa Boogie guitar amp. Also, if anyone would know of a virtual instrument that sounds like a Les Paul/Mesa Boogie combination that might would be easier. As you can tell from my questions I am still learning.

https://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=181&products_id=411

Thank you in advance for any help,
yeto

Impulse Response files need to be loaded into an IR player.

After a quick glance at the Ownhammer, it appears they only supply the IR files.

CbB comes with a version TH3 which has IR Cabinet component and REmatrix Solo an IR Reverb. I don't care for either when using 3rd party IR files because both plug-ins must import the files rather than simply reading them from disk.

Instead, I would use one of the IR plug-ins from MeldaProduction. MConvolution is free and the license for the MXFreeBundle is only $28. Yes, the bundle is free but purchasing a license comes with benefits, see https://www.meldaproduction.com/MFreeFXBundle

Another free IR plug-in is Convolution XT. I have no experience with it but it looks pretty good.

The IR plug-in goes in the audio track FX Rack. Still that just covers the cabinet IRs, still need to figure out what sound source to use for the guitar and amp. I will leave that to users that rely on plug-in tech for suggestions. When I need a guitar sound, I record it. I might go through an amp sim like TH3 which is bundled with CbB.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, scook said:

Impulse Response files need to be loaded into an IR player.

After a quick glance at the Ownhammer, it appears they only supply the IR files.

CbB comes with a version TH3 which has IR Cabinet component and REmatrix Solo an IR Reverb. I don't care for either when using 3rd party IR files because both plug-ins must import the files rather than simply reading them from disk.

Instead, I would use one of the IR plug-ins from MeldaProduction. MConvolution is free and the license for the MXFreeBundle is only $28. Yes, the bundle is free but purchasing a license comes with benefits, see https://www.meldaproduction.com/MFreeFXBundle

Another free IR plug-in is Convolution XT. I have no experience with it but it looks pretty good.

The IR plug-in goes in the audio track FX Rack. Still that just covers the cabinet IRs, still need to figure out what sound source to use for the guitar and amp. I will leave that to users that rely on plug-in tech for suggestions. When I need a guitar sound, I record it. I might go through an amp sim like TH3 which is bundled with CbB.

Thank you for helping. I think this is going to be over my head. I am going to look for something simpler. I am glad I asked about this as I have learned a lot from your response.

Kind regards,
yeto

Yeah, I'll second TH3. It's a guitar amp emulator from Overloud  included with Bandlab. Insert an audio track, click effects and select TH3 from the guitar category. 

Drag an amp from the window on the right into the main window, easy from there. It does work.

Remember to enable the echo (monitor) button.

10 hours ago, davet said:

Yeah, I'll second TH3. It's a guitar amp emulator from Overloud  included with Bandlab. Insert an audio track, click effects and select TH3 from the guitar category. 

Drag an amp from the window on the right into the main window, easy from there. It does work.

Remember to enable the echo (monitor) button.

Okay, I have the above done so far but I don't see how to enter notes in PRV???

Thank you for taking time out of your day to try and help,
yeto

4 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

Yeti, You need an instrument to feed the amplifier. Correct me if I’m wrong, you are not playing a real guitar. Jude77 listed a couple of options. 

Tom

Yes, not playing guitar. I need to be able to enter notes in PRV.