any feedback on what I've been working on is welcome

G Randy Brown

That was grand mate, really grand. It would be lovely standing on its own, but the way you synced to vid was excellent! I especially enjoyed you letting the gorilla have his say at the end. 

Now, what is the diff between 3/4 and 6/8? I’m half serious, why do we favor 12/8 over 6/4?

Tom

• Confused 1

Now, what is the diff between 3/4 and 6/8? I’m half serious, why do we favor 12/8 over 6/4?

Thanks very much!

If you're half serious I'll give you a half ***** answer...I think the main difference as a drummer is the accent is on 3 and counted 123,123 and 6/8 is 6 counts with accent on 4...I'm clueless on the 2nd part of your question. 

On a side note the original name of this piece was Weird Waltz and a friend of mine pointed out it's not a waltz (3/4) it's in 6/8 😁

Wow, Randy!  What a pleasant surprise this is.  I've heard some of your songs in the past, and this seems something of a departure in style.  This is very creative and entertaining, and you should take a bow.

Thank you Lynn...yeah I retired from my vid prodution gig and started getting more serious about music. One thing I would attribute a lot of the inspiration to is  some of the new software I acquired (ie Composer Cloud, Addictive Drums and various synths).

Thanks again guys, you made my day 😁

I half expected one of those "DWTS" dancers to start slinging their own feces.

Sorry, that's what commentary you get when you juxtapose things of that nature. :) 

Songwise it's exceptionally pleasant and vibrant. It's a happy listen.  Nothing stands out as wonky in the mix, to my ears. Very well done!

cheers,

-Tom

On 11/27/2019 at 12:02 PM, DeeringAmps said:

That was grand mate, really grand. It would be lovely standing on its own, but the way you synced to vid was excellent! I especially enjoyed you letting the gorilla have his say at the end. 

Tom

On 11/27/2019 at 1:23 PM, Lynn said:

Wow, Randy!  What a pleasant surprise this is.  I've heard some of your songs in the past, and this seems something of a departure in style.  This is very creative and entertaining, and you should take a bow.

EDIT: it looks like I did nothing but copy/paste quotes...forgive me while I get used to this forum

Edited by G Randy Brown
cuz I'm a knucklehead

Oh good, they moved this thread to the appropriate discussion.

Thanks very much for all the kind words everyone...at the risk of becoming obnoxious here's a WIP that needs different video and the stupid echo at the end removed 😁

While the music is pretty much locked in suggestions on video replacement are certainly welcome!

BTW, I hired a guitar player years ago to play the guitar parts (I couldn't get the right sound with the virtual guitars I was using back then ) that was a member on the old forum. I can't recall his name off hand but I hope he'll speak up if he sees this...I think he did a helluva job!

It's All a Game

Edited by G Randy Brown