2019.11 Feedback

Morten Saether

@Noel Borthwick, I don't know if it was this release or last release where you felt you had quashed the "parameter recall" issue, where plugin parameters would jumble or be reset when reopening projects or copying plugins to new tracks....but I've come across that issue with a plugin I recently purchased (JST Toneforge Jason Richardson).  JST has been in touch finally and indicated they believe it to be an issue on Cakewalk's end.  I did report it to you guys as well, but didn't know if you'd come across it.  I advised JST to reach out to you with their findings, just fyi....so I guess it's up to them to do so.

Having said that, they said they are releasing a new version "soon" which has different ways of dealing with parameters, and they believe it to be functioning okay in CbB.  So I'm not sure how much it will matter (or how much they care), but it would probably be good to figure out in case the issue ever comes up again with other plugins (or remains the same with this one).

@AxlBrutalityThis was fixed for the 09 release or one before. If there is a plugin that still exhibits this and there is a recipe to reproduce I would certainly like to investigate it further. Can you send me the contact for the person you had there so I can follow up? I don't believe we have their plug-ins in house. Could you please send me a small project file with some instructions on how to repro it?
If they have a demo version of the plugin that I can use to repro it that would be even easier.

• Like 1

I copied both "OK" and "Key/Mouse Killer" into the User Workspace folder. I opened Cakewalk, then a project, and first switched to "OK." No problems. I then switched to "Key/Mouse Killer." Both my typing keyboard and mouse worked. I will try a few more times.  (2019.11 build 54)

UPDATE: I tried playing projects, loading up to 3 more projects while one was playing, stopping and starting the transport, switching to and from the K/M Killer.  At no point did I lose the ability to use my mouse and/or keyboard.  I hope support/staff and help track down this elusive problem.

Edited by User 905133
to add an update (more results); to add version/build

2 hours ago, jimlynch22 said:

I have an issue with some workspaces causing cakewalk to stop taking keyboard and mouse input while the project is playing. I'm working with Mike from support on this.  I've attached two .ins files. Interestingly, setting to workspace to NONE also causes the issue for me.

This one is OK.lns 15.01 kB · 1 download This one kills keyboard and mouse.lns 12.96 kB · 1 download

I'm having this problem as well. It happens when I'm zooming in and out while using the spacebar to start and stop playback.

@jimlynch22 and @Illogistical Resource Dept Thanks for the report and workspace files. To what extent are you losing mouse/keyboard input during playback? Just in the Track View (for example), or is the entire app affected, including the Control Bar? If so, how are you stopping playback to regain mouse/keyboard control (eg. by using a MIDI controller)? Is the mouse cursor visible or hidden when it happens? Do you have any plugin windows open at the time? So many questions! Feel free to PM me with the details if you like.

3 hours ago, Illogistical Resource Dept said:

Losing mouse/keyboard control in the entire program including the control bar. No plugin windows open at the time. 

The only way to stop playback is to end the CbB process in task manager using Ctrl Alt Del

@Ben Staton

FWIW that happened to me yesterday but I haven't installed the 2019.11 release yet, still on 2019.09.

Edited by paulo
  • Thanks 1

Hi Cakewalk friends,

After updating to the latest Cakewalk version the sound of all projects and vsti are dirty and noisy! I am using Focusrite Scarlett 2 Audio interface and had no issues before updating!

I am still using my old Sonar Platinum with no issues and had to return to it in order to work!

How to revert to my old Cakewalk Bandcamp version before this terrible update?

Thx

Edited by carlo

6 hours ago, Ben Staton said:

@jimlynch22 and @Illogistical Resource Dept Thanks for the report and workspace files. To what extent are you losing mouse/keyboard input during playback? Just in the Track View (for example), or is the entire app affected, including the Control Bar? If so, how are you stopping playback to regain mouse/keyboard control (eg. by using a MIDI controller)? Is the mouse cursor visible or hidden when it happens? Do you have any plugin windows open at the time? So many questions! Feel free to PM me with the details if you like.

keyboard and mouse totally dead.  I stop by letting the file play to the end, or unplugging the audio interface, which is ugly and usually requires a cakewalk or even a system restart. Mouse cursor is still visible and will move around the screen but no cakewalk buttons respond. No plugin windows open.  How do I PM you?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jimlynch22 said:

How do I PM you?

Hover the mouse cursor over the user icon or name to the left of their post in the forum and click the message option

3x5W3EV.png

or

Click on the envelope icon at the top of the forum, then click the Compose New button

cTghZCM.png

• Thanks 1

Here’s a new one I’ve never seen before.  Last night did a lot of work and encountered too many issues to list right now (but will later). I’ve been a user since Pro Audio days and I don’t know what’s going on with the latest version of CbB (WITH the hotfix candidate installed) but it’s clear something is sick.

Check this out.  Exported a project to wav with audio enabled so I could listen to it one last time.  Export went fine and then opened the resultant wav in Wavelab.  Here is where things got bizarre. A dialogue box opened in Wavelab that said something to the effect that “the wav file you are attempting to open is not a valid file and Wavelab is closing to prevent damage”.  Say WHAT ??  I’ve never seen that either and have been using WL also for 15 years.

So I reaccomplished the export thinking something must have glitched.  SAME bizarre error in WL. Now I’m less that happy as I’d been encountering audio engine stops randomly (NEVER had that before), garbled sections of audio tracks that were acoustic guitar and were recorded properly gain staged, non-normal split clip behavior on audio tracks, on and on. By 2AM this morning I’d had enough of a very long frustrating night.

The only thing that changed (besides the .11 version and resultant Hotfix candidate) was that I’ve started using Kazrog True Iron on my audio tracks.  Are there any known issues with it ?  By the way - this morning the project exported fine and opened properly in Wavelab.  And I’d changed nothing.

Edited by Greg Wynn

Hi! Thanks to the Bakers for the recent updates, specially for a problem I had when hovering the mouse and clicking between plus and minus buttons for value fields on dialog boxes, like Note properties, Event Inspector, etc.
Until 2019.11 update that would cause CbB stop responding and sometimes Ctrl+Alt+Del would be necessary to get out! Thanks to the recent fixes now it's working well!

Best regards,

Edited by mgustavo