How do I get a track to play any other channel in TTS-1 besides channel 1?

yeto

Question

14 answers to this question

Do as you probably already done.

Make one miditrack and one instrumenttrack with the TTS-1.

The instrumenttrack should have output to master, it probably have as it is the default, and input echo button on.

The miditrack should have output to TTS-1 as usual but the echo button on is optional. Its input should be set to your midikeyboard.

Now to the extra. Look at the picture provided by msmcleod of the track inspector. Remember to have the miditrack in focus. Where the red marking says "midi channel = none" change that to TTS-1, choose the first in line. In the dropdown list under that change to any preset. It is the bank list. And in the dropdown under that is the patch list. It changes with the bankselection.

PS. I did some search and test. Click the patch list in the inspector and when it's selected you can change patch by going up and down with the + and - in your numpad. If you have one.

Edited by Kurre
Addition

8 hours ago, msmcleod said:

On the track, make sure the Track Layout is set to something that will show the MIDI channels - e.g. ALL:

track_midi_chan.png

On the track inspector:

trackinsp_midi_chan.png

I can't see the same dropdowns that you have in your photo. I know I am doing something wrong that is very simple but I am not seeing it.

pic1.PNG

pic2.PNG

48 minutes ago, Kurre said:

The instrumenttrack should have output to master, it probably have as it is the default, and input echo button on.

The miditrack should have output to TTS-1 as usual but the echo button on is optional. Its input should be set to your midikeyboard.

Now to the extra. Look at the picture provided by msmcleod of the track inspector. Remember to have the miditrack in focus. Where the red marking says "midi channel = none" change that to TTS-1, choose the first in line. In the dropdown list under that change to any preset. It is the bank list. And in the dropdown under that is the patch list. It changes with the bankselection.

I just want to be able to hear (channel 2/piano 1) versus (channel 1/standard set). I don't see how to make CakeWalk recognize channel 2.

pic3.PNG

I can't see the same dropdowns that you have in your photo. I know I am doing something wrong that is very simple but I am not seeing it.

You can also drag the splitter bar between the strips in the track pane and the clips pane horizontally to the right . Resizing the track strips either vertically or horizontally will allow more track info to be displayed in them.  Otherwise your view is truncated.

It is simply a matter of selecting the MIDI channel #2 for that MIDI track.  You should see 16 channels to choose from when you click the channel selector, after you have selected TTS-1 in the MIDI track output.

Edited by abacab

12 minutes ago, scook said:

There should be a Display drop down, Audio and MIDI tab at the bottom of the inspector. They are not shown in your image above. If they are not there, it may be the display resolution is too low. The minimum resolution required for CbB is 1280x800.

Yes, I see it now. Thank you. I was looking up top at the midi tab. Thank you for taking time to help me learn.

Kind regards,
yeto 

17 minutes ago, abacab said:

You can also drag the splitter bar between the strips in the track pane and the clips pane horizontally to the right . Resizing the track strips either vertically or horizontally will allow more track info to be displayed in them.  Otherwise your view is truncated.

Thank you for sharing. That helps. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

Try this:

tts_ch1_2.gif

That worked. Thank you for taking time out of your day to make that video. After 3 days of study I am well on my way to crossing over from online BandLab to CakeWalk. CakeWalk is a million times more complicated versus BandLab but I can't get the results I am looking for with online BandLab.

Again, thank you for taking time to reply,
yeto

1 hour ago, Kurre said:

PS. I did some search and test. Click the patch list in the inspector and when it's selected you can change patch by going up and down with the + and - in your numpad. If you have one.

Thank you for the information. This helps a lot. 

yeto