Is anyone using CA-2A?

Jerry Freese

1 hour ago, David Baay said:

Have never paid much attention to this.

Me too!

But as far as I can see the ticks depend on the interleave setting (stereo/mono). It looks as if 2 ticks show a stereo and one tick shows a mono signal path. Depending on the track mono/stereo setting CA-2A shows 1 or 2 ticks here.

6 hours ago, marled said:

Me too!

But as far as I can see the ticks depend on the interleave setting (stereo/mono). It looks as if 2 ticks show a stereo and one tick shows a mono signal path. Depending on the track mono/stereo setting CA-2A shows 1 or 2 ticks here.

When you read my post it read:  Not speaking of stereo operation that has them spread wider apart.

The two tics would be close together for 64 bit.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, David Baay said:

64-bit signal path shows two ticks close together for each channel of the stereo path:

Mixing.28.7.png

Yes, I am aware of that,but that was not my question. My question was: "do you see one tick( ' )(32 bit) or 2 ticks (")(64bit) under the FX box? Not speaking of stereo operation that has them spread wider apart."

Yes, that was asked and answered.

My post and David's after mine were replies to

6 hours ago, marled said:

Me too!

This

6 hours ago, David Baay said:

64-bit signal path shows two ticks close together for each channel of the stereo path:

Mixing.28.7.png

shows a Delay plug-in with 2x64bit data paths

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, David Baay said:

Have never paid much attention to this. But, yes, CA-2A shows single, 32-bit signal path marks.

THIS is what I was wondering. I was getting the same thing and wondering why it isn't showing double 64 bit ticks. I thought maybe something was wrong with my install of it as it is a 64 bit plug.

Ok Since it seems it is not clear what I am asking, I'll try again.  See the pic where A is pointing ? That's a Mono 32 bit indicator. When loading the CA-2A (64 bit with 64 bit precision engine checked) do you see one "tick"( like this picture where the A is pointing) or do you see two ticks right next to each other where the B is pointing indicating 64 bit  communication.

I'm NOT talking about stereo mode.  I am wondering if anyone is getting this plug to communicate 64 bit (2 "tics"). I am for sure using the 64 bit version with the 64 bit precision checkbox checked,but the plug only shows communicating s 32 bit.  Would Cakewalk make a plug that is 64 bit if it won't communicate as 64 bit in their own program?

So again my sole question is this: Is anyone able to get two tics right next to each other like where the B is pointing showing 64 bit in MONO mode using this plug? I just do not know how to make what I thought was a simple question clearer.

Mixing.27.4.png

Mixing.27.4 64.png

You're confusing x64 memory addressing and data buses with 64-bit audio processing. If you're running x64 Cakewalk on an x64 operating system, the matching version of CA-2A will using 64-bit addressing and data bus, but apparently it does not support 64-bit audio processing. Some other high-end plugins don't either. You'd have to ask the developers why not.

2 hours ago, Jerry Freese said:

Would Cakewalk make a plug that is 64 bit if it won't communicate as 64 bit in their own program?

They have and the CA-2A is not the only example. All the "half-rack" series originally bundled with Project 5 and included with several versions of SONAR are 64bit plug-ins with 32bit data paths. Alternately, several releases of SONAR included a third party plug VC-64, a 32bit plug-in with a 64bit data path. When introduced in SONAR 5, both 32bit and 64bit versions of SONAR supported the 64bit DPE option.

You're confusing x64 memory addressing and data buses with 64-bit audio processing. If you're running x64 Cakewalk on an x64 operating system, the matching version of CA-2A will using 64-bit addressing and data bus, but apparently it does not support 64-bit audio processing. Some other high-end plugins don't either. You'd have to ask the developers why not.

Thanks, As I have said I'm just wondering if anyone has got the plug to work with two tics because I could not and I wanted to see if anybody else was able to. If anyone could,I'd know something of mine is set up wrong. If nobody else could either,I'd feel pretty safe knowing that's just the way it is.

25 minutes ago, scook said:

They have and the CA-2A is not the only example. All the "half-rack" series originally bundled with Project 5 and included with several versions of SONAR are 64bit plug-ins with 32bit data paths. Alternately, several releases of SONAR included a third party plug VC-64, a 32bit plug-in with a 64bit data path. When introduced in SONAR 5, both 32bit and 64bit versions of SONAR supported the 64bit DPE option.

I noticed the VC-64 has two tics as well but didn't realize it was 32 bit. I figured that's what the 64 meant! I do understand the difference between bitrate data path (tics) and the rate of the plugin are two different things.

CA-2A will using 64-bit addressing and data bus, but apparently it does not support 64-bit audio processing.

SO when the manual refers to  "plug-ins that can send and receive 64-bit data display double lines"   is that referring to the addressing and data buss or the 64 bit processing?

That would be audio bit 'depth' as opposed to data bus 'width'. I don't know for sure whether CA-2A was included in the IP package that Bandlab bought; maybe Steve does. But it doesn't appear Cakewalk are putting any energy into plugin development right now, and the return on investment of updating CA-2A to use a 64-bit signal path would likely not be very attractive.

2 minutes ago, David Baay said:

That would be audio bit 'depth' as opposed to data bus 'width'. I don't know for sure whether CA-2A was included in the IP package that Bandlab bought; maybe Steve does. But it doesn't appear Cakewalk are putting any energy into plugin development right now, and the return on investment of updating CA-2A to use a 64-bit signal path would likely not be very attractive.

Understood. Is there an advantage to have a 64 bit plug if it can only communicate 32?  I just wonder why Cakewalk did this.

And if anyone can get two tics with this please let me know.