Corel BF Sale (Graphics and Video) up to 60% off

mettelus

Quick update on the Particle Shop piece. I am not sure how/why I got on a Smith Micro mailing list, but quickly discovered the brushes in Particle Shop are child's play in comparison to Flame Painter 4. Never heard of it, had to Google it... it is owned by "Escape Emotions" it seems, who has it on sale... but it is also listed by Smith Micro at 50% off (till December 2). The stock brushes are way more capable, both in function and how the brushes themselves work (very sensitive, motion based). Only 3 other brush sets exist (120 additional brushes) for far cheaper than Particle Shop, but those need to come from Escape Emotions as far as I can tell (I am not sure of the relationship between the two companies, TBH). It has a demo which won't let you open files, but you can drag files into it... just cannot save.

Flame Painter saves/opens Photoshop files, so it is easy to add layers and effects, but my version of Photoshop is old enough I cannot use the connect feature and need to save between the programs. Once completed, Photo Mirage works beautifully to animate the flames. I only tried the combination out for about 30 minutes so far, but it has a surprisingly effective workflow to it all.

None of this was on my BF radar at all, but I am not going to complain about it.

Edited by mettelus
  • Thanks 1