Adding new tracks not working properly

iZiKKO

Hi guys! I have done a song with 6 tracks, and when I try to add more tracks to it I get them ONLY in the mixing console. I don't get them in the track window! Also, sometimes I lose visual of some of the tracks and the track window becomes un-scrollable. In this example I lost tracks 1-3 and 6.  When I save the file and get back to it all is fine and my new added tracks are there where they should be in the first place. How strange is that?! Have you experienced the same, do I have some settings wrong, or what is the problem here? I have the latest Cakewalk version installed.

Track7.jpg

Track7less.jpg

Track7NOT.jpg

Edited by Kris Olin

Have you got a lense enabled after hiding tracks? That might explain why the others are hidden.

You can unhide them all by going to the Track menu and selecting "Show All Tracks and Buses", or by pressing SHIFT+H.

Alternatively, if you open up the "Track Manager" from the Track Menu, you can uncheck/check the tracks you want to hide or make visible.

Edited by msmcleod
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Chuck E Baby said:

Make sure to  synchronize the Track view and Console view

1. Click the Strips menu in the Console view and choose Track Manager to open the Track Manager dialog box.

2. Clear the Keep track/console visibility states in sync check box and click OK.

That's it! Problem solved. I knew it was me and not Cakewalk :) Thank, mate! 

Actually, I was being too optimistic! The problem still exists. So, when I add tracks I get them in the mixer board at the bottom but not in the track window. Also some tracks disappear from view when adding more tracks. All comes back after I save and reopen the file. Checking or unchecking "Keep track/console visibility states in sync check" -box does not seem to have any effect after all.  "Show All Tracks and Buses" does not fix this either. I have 8GB RAM which should be enough, so it can't be a memory issue. This is odd...

Edited by Kris Olin

• 2 weeks later...

Same thing here. Say I make one of the tracks invisible in Track View... then, every time i add a new track i have to save the project, close it and reopen it in order to see that track in the Tracks view, even if i set all tracks to be visible.

Edited by Arakelian Namete
  • Like 1