Melda BF Sale

cclarry

1 hour ago, mettelus said:

This is the time of year to add a bundle to your cart and see how much credit you get for previously purchased plugins.

The bundle prices keep creeping up year to year; but if you own them, the new plugins added to it are free.

You never have to buy them again and they update them quite a bit.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

You never have to buy them again and they update them quite a bit.  

One of the best devs around!  And don't forget to hit up someone for their "Referral Code" if you're new to Melda, because that will get you and additional 20% off whatever you're buying, 10% for the referer - win-win.  Many of us have posted them on the forum here before...

(...Mine is "MELDA2490257".  TIA)

Edited by mibby
shamelessly posting my referral code

On 11/25/2019 at 10:01 AM, mettelus said:

This is the time of year to add a bundle to your cart and see how much credit you get for previously purchased plugins.

The bundle prices keep creeping up year to year; but if you own them, the new plugins added to it are free.

Not for me.  I can get everything for $400.  One of the reasons for the increase is they have new plugins added.

36 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

One of the reasons for the increase is they have new plugins added.

Yep... the MCompleteBundle was a bit cheaper a couple years ago solely due to the 4 new plugins included. I was hinting more to the point that if you own a bundle, you will get the new ones that are added to it in the future at no cost.

Weird side note... I like the look of the new web page, but when I signed in there were suddenly offers there for bundles... and comments of "get X more plugins with this bundle." They may be counting MCompleteBundle as an single plugin, but I need to email them about that one. iZotope will sell you the same plugin as many times as you want to buy it, but Melda has always blocked you from doing so (one ethical practice that always stood out amongst the rest).

Edited by mettelus

6 minutes ago, mettelus said:

I like the look of the new web page, but when I signed in there were suddenly offers there for bundles... and comments of "get X more plugins with this bundle." They may be counting MCompleteBundle as an single plugin, but I need to email them about that one.

I actually  did email them about this, for the exact same thing. Some plugins I already owned as part of a bundle were showing up in the "new plugins" list...

But DO check into the bundle upgrades. I got 4 really good ones by upgrading to the "MEssentialsFXBundle" for like $9!  One of my best deals of the year!

Edited by mibby
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Too bad their installer doesn't allow you to exclude 32 bit plugins.

Indeed. And if you're inclined  to clean up after it like I am make sure that you get the 32-bit VST3's that are in Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3 folder.

I regularly make a tour of my Program Files\Common Files\Avid and Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3 folders to make sure nothing I have no need for is taking up space on my SSD.

It's amusing to see the places that some of these plug-in companies put their stuff in addition to the places that I specify. Waves is the weirdest, those Wave shell dll's wind up all over the place, but I'd have to say that A|A|S is right behind them. It seems like if a folder even has the string "vst" somewhere in its name, A|A|S will plop copies of their .dll's in it just in case. And when I started using Cakewalk, the A|A|S installer decided it had found an old friend, probably because of the old SPlum bundling agreements, and started spewing .dll's across the Cakewalk folder system.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Indeed. And if you're inclined  to clean up after it like I am make sure that you get the 32-bit VST3's that are in Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3 folder.

I regularly make a tour of my Program Files\Common Files\Avid and Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3 folders to make sure nothing I have no need for is taking up space on my SSD.

It's amusing to see the places that some of these plug-in companies put their stuff in addition to the places that I specify. Waves is the weirdest, those Wave shell dll's wind up all over the place, but I'd have to say that A|A|S is right behind them. It seems like if a folder even has the string "vst" somewhere in its name, A|A|S will plop copies of their .dll's in it just in case. And when I started using Cakewalk, the A|A|S installer decided it had found an old friend, probably because of the old SPlum bundling agreements, and started spewing .dll's across the Cakewalk folder system.

Oh wow! That was almost 4GB.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2019 at 2:10 PM, Starship Krupa said:

Yup, McDSP, the same story... Install not asking about anything and sending different versions of plugins everywhere... :( You don't have Protools or Cubase?   Doesn't matter you will get still AAX installed, trashed Steinberg dir and get 32 bit versions... Installer matches year 1980...

It is kind of mindless and developer's laziness... Installer is the easiest part and should be selective, customizable in user choices.

And able to perfectly clean if needed any changes (like decision to move from VST3 to VST2 in case of troubles with VST3 versions (what is need for PA plugs as their VST3 works badly in VST3 container - no presets issue probably still not fixed).

Well I almost missed this one. Glad I was able to get in on this. I was able to get the Mixing Bundle for $115, that includes tax. 

Picked up 16 extra plugins!! Been looking at this bundle for a while. So now I got the Creative Bundle and the Mixing Bundle. But my Turbo Reverb license is still separate from the Creative Bundle. Wonder why?

• Like 1