Fender Tone Master Twin Reverb

Jack Stoner

I bought one from Sweetwater about two weeks ago.  Amazing solid state amp.  33 lbs and sound is very much like a real Twin Reverb.  

I'm using it for Pedal Steel Guitar and my Telecaster but primarily for Pedal Steel.  

I used to lug around a 100 lb Twin Reverb with JBL D-120F speakers (AB768) and switched to solid state Peavey steel guitar amps.  As I age weight becomes an issue so a 33 lb amp fits the bill.   I used it on the first job yesterday and our lead guitar player who is a "must have Fender tube amp" type was impressed.  

Power out is 200 watts but it has a control for lower power settings.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TMTwinRev--fender-tone-master-twin-reverb-200-watt-2x12-inch-combo-amp

Congrats Jack!

I have a Mesa Boogie 1x12 Blue Angel (tube amp) which only has  a clean tone channel, and once those tubes heat up......man it's such a joy to play/buttery tone. Interesting how good these newer solid state amps are now and so much lighter...(mine's also close to a 100lbs).  

According to Fender the 200 watts (solid state) is equivalent to the 85 watts (tube) of the original black face Twin.

The amp has a switch on the back panel for lower wattages.  I had the volume set on 4 and I could just about blow everyone away, if I wanted, last night at our regular Monday evening gig.

We compared the sound of the Tone Master Twin with the guitar players black face Pro Reverb last evening using the guitar players Fender Strat Plus guitar and couldn't hear any difference.