Neural DSP BF deal on !!

Zo

2 minutes ago, Siddharth Garg said:

Hey Zo; So just spoke to a friend and looks like we have 7 plugins between the both of us (I'll buy the Parallax as well). So looks like I'm out - sorry!!

Hope it isn't an issue, considering you have more than 7 now and will order on Dec 1; Enjoy and Play on!!

he could just come in ;)

• Like 1

RECAP 

Ashay Arekar : NTS + Nolly

MArc : Nolly

CArlos : DarkGlass

hillyard : Nolly + Darkglass

teclark7 : PLINI

Toffo : NOLLY PLINI and ABASI 

Monomox : Abasi and Darkglass

Allstar : Nolly

Edited by Zo

19 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Zo ooo, have you tried the Darkglass before Amplitube (level volume before and after your base tone, then shoot Amplitube). You can shape the tone more with it, finally Amplitube isn't muddy! Awesome!

You've been mentioning how your sound is often muddy when plugging into these sims. What's your interface? Your front end can make all the difference too. Just saying, because I don't experience this muddiness you've been talking about. These amp sims basically require a rating of 1m ohm to deliver the right signal to the amp sim for it to perform optimally.

Edited by Christian Jones

2 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

You've been mentioning how your sound is often muddy when plugging into these sims. What's your interface? Your front end can make all the difference too. Just saying, because I don't experience this muddiness you've been talking about. These amp sims basically require a rating of 1m ohm to deliver the right signal to the amp sim for it to perform optimally.

Scarlett 2i2. :P Vintage Modified Squier 5 string bass with Seymour Duncan's Quarter Pound (upgrade), 500 pots vs 250 (so the sound is more "open") and orange cap (so you get better lows and a more defined sound). 

5 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Scarlett 2i2. :P Vintage Modified Squier 5 string bass with Seymour Duncan's Quarter Pound (upgrade), 500 pots vs 250 (so the sound is more "open") and orange cap (so you get better lows and a more defined sound). 

So after you having tried all these Nueral amps, are you saying most don't sound good to you and are muddy? And if so, is that the case w/ both guitar and bass? Curious 

38 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

So after you having tried all these Nueral amps, are you saying most don't sound good to you and are muddy? And if so, is that the case w/ both guitar and bass? Curious 

Oh no, guitars sound as they should I think, just the bass Direct sounds kinda muddy, and Darkglass brings it to life, and I tested this using now Amplitube afterwards in the chain, sounds lovely, finally. With guitars I have no issue in the muddy part, although I haven't found my tone. 

On the other side, Neuraldsp sound pretty good, but no matter what I do they sound too hot, even if I lower the input a lot, I feel I can't get a mid-way saturation/distortion. But these amps sound crisp as hell, that's for sure.

45 minutes ago, teclark7 said:

Just a note to say thanks to Zo who was very helpful in his videos in influencing me to get Plini And helped me out on the first round of the group buy.

You re welcome homie , i benefit also from the group buy myself , it allows me to have those prices also , if it wasn t for darkglass , not sure i would have done a second round , managing it here via the exellent pm system was a pleasure , doing it now in gearslutz is a pure pain !!

How dôyou guyz enjoy your new toys ... i wanna slap those everywhere , used nolly on vocals ... and plini before ik AT fender to get more meat .. 

I had demos of all the guitar amps, Zo, and went back and forth between Nolly and Plini.  In the end, Plini won out in the final round I (thanks for allowing the late switch!).  I really like the darker high gain rhythm tones in Plini and the clean tones are unbelievably good.  The clean head and reverb pedal are instant magic together.  I tried to get the same quality of clean sound out of Nolly, but it was just...different.  The Plini reverb pedal provides a lot more control than Nolly's.  Nolly is more flexible in the number of amps and cabs but I just found the tones in Plini too unique to not get as my first taste of Neural DSP.   I'm on the fence about picking up Nameless in your next group buy, mostly because I'm tapped out for BF.  It would be a great complement to any of the Neural plugins because, well, high gain in truckloads.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marc Cormier said:

I had demos of all the guitar amps, Zo, and went back and forth between Nolly and Plini.  In the end, Plini won out in the final round I (thanks for allowing the late switch!).  I really like the darker high gain rhythm tones in Plini and the clean tones are unbelievably good.  The clean head and reverb pedal are instant magic together.  I tried to get the same quality of clean sound out of Nolly, but it was just...different.  The Plini reverb pedal provides a lot more control than Nolly's.  Nolly is more flexible in the number of amps and cabs but I just found the tones in Plini too unique to not get as my first taste of Neural DSP.   I'm on the fence about picking up Nameless in your next group buy, mostly because I'm tapped out for BF.  It would be a great complement to any of the Neural plugins because, well, high gain in truckloads.

You're correct Marc , Plini has more body while Nolly is more mix ready oriented imho ...this is why i think they complement each other , there's a purety and respect for the source in plini that refelect Plini way of approching sounds ....the second amp is indeed a beauty .... nolly is making your sound easier to be introduced in a mix and the clean tone is also wiked , the ability of switching amps is exellent too ... i feel maybe (if i recall well or this might be the second amp in abasi witch reminds me a mesa boogie triple crown or mark IV) more crunch in nolly stuff ....while the crunch in plini is more "suave" ;)

I used nolly on some vocals it was superbe !!! don't hesitate guyz to exeprimente , ...still we miss what AT has aka pedals and fx like tremolo's , wah ect .....

Guyz , are you darkglass owner , don't think that we lose to much subs in this ? no mattaer what i do can't get the deepness i have with softube WT 800 , i get the grit missing from softube but losing deepness , even with paralaxx , it's better but still missing !!