APD Offer: 82% Off The Resource by UEBERSCHALL

Audio Plugin Deals

Brand new deal from UEBERSCHALL featuring The Resource - 10GB of beats, grooves, licks and chord patterns with a massive dose of vintage feel covering Pop, House, Disco, Soul, Funk, Rock, Latin and Jazz and many more. Whether you are a busy media composer, music producer or songwriter looking for some classy inspiration, The Resource is the resource you need.

Deal ends: December 8th

Deal Page: https://audioplugin.deals/deal-2

• Thanks 1

I was just looking at their site and all their products seem to be of high quality. Yeah, that Elastik player looks very interesting (especially that Retune function). This is tempting....

Edited by Mesh

44 minutes ago, mettelus said:

Just to clarify, there is no way to play non-Uebershall loops in their player, correct? I got their Soundtracks stuff a while back, and seems their player will only use their own libraries, but wanted to verify that.

Appears to be that you can only use the Ueberschall loops in Elastik 3.  Although I would love to have someone show me the light as to using any *.wav file in their player.  

Edited by balinas
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It is quite difficult if not impossible to incorporate this kind of library into one's own song which already have a definite chord progressions, am I right?  I have some cinematic ones from Ueberschall which are quite useful.  But in rock, pop, jazz, etc., I am still thinking in what situations this will be most useful since the chord progressions are all fixed.

Edited by arznable

After choosing a particular chord progression for say, guitar, is it possible to find the matching progression for bass, piano, and other instruments to construct an entire song?  Still wondering if I can get something out of it in my workflow, thanks.

Edited by arznable

If you bounce them down to audio/wave files you can then use Melodyne to convert them to MIDI.  Which you can then use with soft synths or to work out chords/progressions. 

In CbB if you drag an audio clip onto a MIDI track (make a blank one or add a soft-synth) it will convert it to MIDI (uses Melodyne behind the scenes).  The quality of the conversion can range from spot on to not even close.  But it can help with working with audio loops (which is really all this is).

You can alter the key of the loop (by pitching it up or down) which is how ACID loops work and these kinds of sampler playback engines work.  You could even slice the audio into single notes/chords and pitch each one to what you want it to be.

Composing with audio loops (and soft synths that are built on loops) is it's own skill.  How you can make it part of your workflow though might be difficult.  You don't have a whole lot of control, but at the same time you can actually create some very amazing songs, even in rock/pop/jazz.