Wavesfactory BF Sale

cclarry

7 minutes ago, mibby said:

I don't get it.  Why would anyone ever want to "relive" that sound? 

It's maybe a gen X thing? I spent one third of my day as a teenager rewinding cassettes with a Bic pen. That's why I have such a strong right arm, and no other reason!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Monomox said:

I spent one third of my day as a teenager rewinding cassettes with a Bic pen.

...or pulling your favorite tape out of the car stereo that just ate it.  That's exactly my point! 

My favorite was finding an old tape you had hadn't heard for a loooong time, then it "squeaked" and "squealed" all the way through because it was worn out of overheated...

It sucked.

Edited by mibby

I remember late 80ies I was just over 10yrs old and got my first Sony Walkman from my dad. Man was that a masterpiece, simple but beautifully sounding. Never ever afterwards I had bought anything from any other brand to play my cassettes! The last walkman I had was of size of the cassettes box, seriously, with just a slight bump for one AA battery, that gave me over 15hrs of delicious playback. Fully auto/rev, song search ff/backw. etc, crazy!

I had such a hard time when switching over to CD and later mp3 players, I felt like I was hard pushed by the industry when the cassettes started getting more and more expensive 😪.

From my experience, the key to the sound was making right CD->cassette recording. I had used friends Akai system for that, then always prefered listening back from a cassette rather than directly from CD. Those times...

Edited by chris.r
for no reason