Is this a bug (slip edit after fade)?

tecknot

Question

Hello All,

Is this a bug?

At the beginning (or end) of a clip, create a fade-in (or out, respectively) with the Edit Tool;

Right-click in the edited clip to bring up the pop-up menu;

Finally, Left-click to the right, outside of the pop-up menu so that it disappears.

Result:  Clip is now slip edited at the point of the Left-click.

Expected result:  Clip remains the same prior to the Right-click.

Or is this an intended result?  This does not happen if you just Left-click after creating the fade.  Seems to me to be an undesired result.

Kind regards,

tecknot

P.S. Does not matter if it is a mono or stereo clip

• Thanks 1

6 answers to this question

Incidentally, I found that I didn't have to first create a fade to reproduce this. I guess it is unexpected that a single click slip-edits the track when clicking with the context menu open whereas it would normally require a click and drag. Workaround (and probably a best practice) is to exit the context menu using the Esc key instead of by clicking.

3 hours ago, David Baay said:

Incidentally, I found that I didn't have to first create a fade to reproduce this. I guess it is unexpected that a single click slip-edits the track when clicking with the context menu open whereas it would normally require a click and drag. Workaround (and probably a best practice) is to exit the context menu using the Esc key instead of by clicking.

Hi David,

I did go back and tried to reproduce this in various ways, but yeah, you don't need to create a fade.  However, if you were to bring up the context menu you might notice that you would have to be in the proper zone of the clip for the Slip-Edit tool to appear, otherwise if you left-click with the cursor/pointer showing then only the context menu disappears without the slip edit.

Kind regards,

tecknot

P.S.  Using ESC is how I usually dismissed the context menu, but for whatever reason I used the mouse and discovered the anomaly.