Workflow improvements needed..

Tuomas Rantanen

- A hand tool. Like Adobe products and Melodyne etc; pressing some defined key while mousing, you can move around easily (especially handy when zoomed in). Scroll bar at bottom of the window is only option now, and it's just annoying to do that every minute or so!!  In piano roll view you can use arrow keys, but...

- Keyboard editable piano roll; I would like to use arrow keys to move between notes and edit them like with shift, ctrl, alt - try out the Vocaloid midi editor and you'll see what I mean.

- Doubleclicking ANY value at anywhere in the program should make keyboard input possible to that value, and pressing enter there to make it zero or center or whatever. It's not possible by any means by now, only to "zero" it.

And where did go that possibility to adjust waveforms visual height?? When recordings are just tiny tiny little scrap and you are hardly seeing any waveform at all, it's normal procedure (in protools) to lift that tiny scrap up, so you can see and edit it propely. It was there, and now it's not. Where did it go? Doubleclick-zeroing would be nice there, and/or auto max visual height.

On 11/25/2019 at 12:13 AM, Tuomas Rantanen said:

I found a 'mousewheel scroll' (+ctrl) and that partially solved out my problem (scroll bar is not the only option, I was wrong), and adjusting waveform height is also possible that way (+ctrl+alt). Nice. I also found slower motion option (+shift) when adjusting those virtual potentiometers, so keyboard input option is not as crucial as I thought first. And a 'hand tool' would be still great, but at least an option to change the speed of mousewheel scroll. It's too slow now, and +ctrl+shift is too quick for my taste.

Help-gadged telling about 'mousewheel scroll' when hovering mouse over scroll bar would be intuitive and helpful. Also, hint for that slow-motion with +shift would be more informative than "Volume = 0.0", what is fully readable thing without hovering mouse over!!

Scroll lock -button on the screen would be nice too, giving a hint that it's there. So useful but so well-hidden feature, and really painful when not known and you need to do heavy post-work.

That reminds me that editing multiple tracks at once (drums etc. multiple mics) is a nightmare in Cakewalk. It's possible, yes, but so confusing, buggy and troublesome that I would not recommend it to anyone. So bad that it's better not to be mentioned at all.