Mercury theme ( Default ) - Gui request

RBH

I have an issue in the track view when editing clips fade. It's very difficult to re-grab a fade node because the angled line is dark against the dark waveform background. It becomes white when zoomed close - but at nominal zoom level it's pretty much invisible.

I hear ya. I have trouble with the contrasty-ness myself and usually run with a user-created theme and tuned colors.

I'll assume that you've explored the excellent user-created themes? If not, there are some amazing ones available. Also, the people in the Themes sub forum are helpful when it comes to things like tuning color settings.

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/31-ui-themes/

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2019 at 8:32 PM, Starship Krupa said:

I hear ya. I have trouble with the contrasty-ness myself and usually run with a user-created theme and tuned colors.

I'll assume that you've explored the excellent user-created themes? If not, there are some amazing ones available. Also, the people in the Themes sub forum are helpful when it comes to things like tuning color settings.

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/31-ui-themes/

Yes- I've tried a number of them, some have some excellent attributes, but I keep finding little things such as what I posted about the Mercury theme above. Mercury seems to have the least number of issues for me so I circled back to it.  I have the theme editor and maybe I should have another go at tuning just this one  little issue.  My experience has been to fix one thing and create 3 new problems though.

• Like 1

Themesmanship can be a tricky business.

You can literally fix one thing and create 3 problems because when you adjust one single color, for instance, it may adjust the color in 4  locations, and those locations may not seem to have much to do with each other. I recently saw someone asking about which color to change for a text label, and it turned out to be the same color as for some slider controls in the Track View.

The tool was supposed to be in-house only originally, so there's some roughness around its edges. Wonderful thing to have, I must say, and my  candidate for Cakewalk's most underrated feature.

On 11/24/2019 at 8:32 AM, RBH said:

It becomes white when zoomed close - but at nominal zoom level it's pretty much invisible.

I use Mercury, and can't replicate that behavior.  For me  the fade line remains white against a dark, unselected clip and black against a light, selected clip at all zoom levels. I'm guessing that what you're seeing is a characteristic of your particular combination of video monitor and display resolution/scaling.

Edited by David Baay

I do have a few other unrelated graphics issues that crop up from time to time. I'm going to chock it up to a newerish graphics card on an old computer at this point. Thanks for confirming the appropriate behavior.

Edited by RBH