Komplete Kontrol

Stephen Simmons

Hi guys. I recently got the kontakt select already had the free one Komplete kontrol. Purchased a few of the libraries including piano Noire Unacorda some strings Etc

In Standalone Komplete kontrol everything seems to play just fine my MIDI controller is USB keystation 88. 

Audio is directed toward the Apollo twin USB.

I've made a new test project with a couple of midi tracks. Piano and strings I've inserted Komplete kontrol as well as Cakewalk Studio instruments string section. The kontakt piano plays fine from the keyboard but will not play in the test project file. Even though I see the lights telling me there is activity in they midi track. But not in the instrument track unless I am playing on the keyboard.

Both instruments have been dragged into the project from the upper right-hand set as simple instrument tracks.

Inputs on the MIDI track are all instruments Omni  and the output is to number to Komplete kontrol. Are the Komplete kontrol track input is to Omni again. Output is to master. The midi track shows activity but not the instrument track.

Meanwhile the other midi track set out to Studio instruments strings and they play just fine. There must be a disconnect in a setting somewhere but I'm at a loss to figure out what it might be.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? And thank you.

WSS

Edited by Stephen Simmons

This is not a rare thing.  I asked about this too in another thread here, but got no answer.  I also see it was asked by couple other people on different sites.

And I've had this happen once more since.

Kontakt works from the MIDI controller, but won't play actual sounds when you tell a MIDI track to use it.

The solution for me was to make sure I had the latest version of CbB.  and then start with a brand new project. 

Then I add Kontakt player to a new Track (drag it from the Plugin browser) and it works for any of the selected instruments inside Kontakt, from my MIDI controller.  So far so good.

Then, I manually create or import a MIDI track (a .MID file) and then select its output to be Kontakt, and things work as they should.

I suspect a glitch (somewhere along the flow line) for any of us who have had the issue you are experiencing.

Edited by Toddskins
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Toddskins said:

This is not a rare thing.  I asked about this too in another thread here, but got no answer.  I also see it was asked by couple other people on different sites.

actually you are correct sir I did a search and apparently this question is redundant. Sorry bud. But thanks for the response!

And I've had this happen once more since.

Kontakt works from the MIDI controller, but won't play actual sounds when you tell a MIDI track to use it.

yes. It works in the standalone kontakt and it works but I'm playing the keyboard on the midi track that is linked to the kontakt track.

The solution for me was to make sure I had the latest version of CbB.  and then start with a brand new project. 

I do that update every time they announce it I will check again today just to make sure.

Then I add Kontakt player to a new Track (drag it from the Plugin browser) and it works for any of the selected instruments inside Kontakt, from my MIDI controller.  So far so good.

in a plug-in instrument section I have seen kontakt and Komplete kontrol I tried both with the same results. And dragged them in each time.

Then, I manually create or import a MIDI track (a .MID file) and then select its output to be Kontakt, and things work as they should.

yep. And put that midi track just above kontakt instrument track.

I suspect a glitch (somewhere along the flow line) for any of us who have had the issue you are experiencing.

must be. But I'm at a loss to figure out what it is. One glitch I had is that upon restarting computer things tend to default to some other sound interface so I have to manually set it back to the Apollo twin USB. But that shouldn't affect the fact that other plugs work fine. Thank you sir!

WSS

Edited by Stephen Simmons