nudge problems with split clips

Heinz Hupfer

Question

HI:)

I have a clip split 4 times. When I nudge it left or right within the menu, everything is as expected.

But with using the shortcuts I get this:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Al2mKojzOW0MmdV8n5W6SVnfGGIWSw?e=sAcUMv

All I do is pressing nudge left (7), undo, nudge right (9) a few times

1. nudge left, only the four right clips stay selected --> undo

2. nudge left, only the last one stay selected--> undo

3. nudge left, only the second stays selected--> undo

4. nudge left, the middle 3 stay selected--> undo

5. nudge right, same as 4--> undo

6. nudge right, the second stays selected--> undo

7. nudge right, now something around the middle 3 in the time line is selected--> undo

8. nudge right, the last one stays selected--> undo

9. nudge right, something in the timeline around clip 3 and 4 stays selected, not the clips.........

and so on, everytime I do nudge, something new happened.

Is this just me??  Nudging from the menu works fine. Nudging with a no-split clip with the numpads work too!

Restart of CbB and Restart of Win10 doesn't help and I don't know when I nudged split clips the last time.....

For sure I can bounce to clips before but that is not a solution.....OK I have a new keyboard and mouse, but it works with 1 clip, why shouldn't it work with splitted clips?

Thanks;)

Bassman.

11 answers to this question

HI:)

@msmcleod

I forgot to say that it's in a lane from a track with 3 lanes. 

Tried it with hitting"s" and Alt + click, doesn't matter.

Now that you say it, I tried a "normal" Track, and it works, so it has to do with the lanes.....

Pressed "T" and deselected Comp and then one by one until still move is selected but same behaviour.

So a normal track without lanes work, lanes not...

thanks;)

Bassman.

P.S. newest Early Access, but I switched back to German, so the new functions doesn't work

Edited by Heinz Hupfer

Yes, I'm pretty sure! I have copied a clip to the very end of my work to test it and then splitted it!

Now I tested it again and a new behaviour occured:

I do select all splitted clips and hit "del" , but only 2 clips are deleted, I select the rest and hit "del", again only 2 clips are deleted and then I can delete the rest clip.

Let me test it with a completely new Song and other clips...

Bassman.

Copied  this particular file and a simple song into the Mediabrowser

I made a new song and  copied single clips from the MB into an audio track ..........OK

Copied clips from the MB into some lanes of a new track........OK

Loaded the original song and copied this track into a new track into the new file........not OK!

Made a new audio track and copied this file into the new audio track.........not OK

Copied the file into lanes into a new track .......not OK

Hm......must have to do with this particular file:

Just a bought Wavefile and cutted at a few points fopr a carneval session, nothing special!

As soon I go over the Mediabrowser, it works, if I copy it directly from the track lane into a new audiotrack, it doesn't work!

Bassman

OK:)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al2mKojzOW0MmdV9qd4TY1rwZUlFlg?e=i5BgiE

Here's the project "rar" with deleted everything but this 1 Track with 1 Lane with only 1 Song splitted 4-5 times and the behaviour still exist on my PC.

New track and this file over Mediabrowser works. Copying directly into another track nudging with hotkeys doesn't work properly.

Greetz:)

Bassman.

• Thanks 1

Appears to be something going on with the Clip Gain automation. Deleting the automation eliminates the problem, and after re-creating the clip automation, nudge from the keyboard continues to work as expected.

If you can re-create the condition from scratch, you should report it to the Bakers. Even if you can't, they might be able to see where the problem is in this project file.

@David Baay

Thanks for this! 

I have not mentioned that it can be automation. It is a 6 minutes piece for a Karneval Dancing group with a few different short pieces of different  songs,  self sung pieces of the  group and some speech, so I have to equal RMS of the pieces and I'm doing it with lanes and clip gain...

Tomorrow morning I'm testing automation and splitting and make a report if necessary! 

Thank you for pointing me in this direction😃

Bassman.

Edited by Heinz Hupfer