A New Trick?

Johnbee58

So, I'm in between projects now so I'm taking the time to learn some new tricks that can be done in CbB.  One of them is editing the beginning and end of a song.

This is what I've learned.  Is there a better way though?-

Fade out using the Master Buss (already covered in another thread).

But then, as I usually give at least two bars open before the song starts,  I have to determine where I want the player to start and stop.  I used to do this by opening the rendered song file in Audacity and clipping the beginning and doing a fade out there, but I want to do this in CbB if possible.

How I've learned to do this is - After writing in the fade out curve in the master buss, select any track by pushing the button, thus creating a "ruler" on the time line.  Grab that ruler from the beginning and pull it to where I want the song to start.  Then, go to the end of the song and grab said ruler to the time point where I want the song to stop ( a few beats past the end of the fade.

Only problem is the ruler can't be saved, so if I want to do a remix I have to redo the ruler.

Can the ruler, in fact, be saved?  Or is there a better way of doing all this?

Thanks

😀John B

In my case, using markers.

1. Make fade in and out on Master bus
  2. Make a marker its named "Export Start" (ex. 1 beat before the start of the song)
  3. Make a marker its named "Export End" (ex. few beats past the end of the fade)
  4. (Shift+Ctrl+A to avoid accidents)
  5. In the marker view, click "Export Start" and then holding Shift + click "Export End"
    (This should make a selection from Start to End)
  6. File menu > Export > Audio

From next time, do it from #5.
I'd like to know more better way if there is...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HIBI said:

In my case, using markers.

1. Make fade in and out on Master bus
  2. Make a marker its named "Export Start" (ex. 1 beat before the start of the song)
  3. Make a marker its named "Export End" (ex. few beats past the end of the fade)
  4. (Shift+Ctrl+A to avoid accidents)
  5. In the marker view, click "Export Start" and then holding Shift + click "Export End"
    (This should make a selection from Start to End)
  6. File menu > Export > Audio

From next time, do it from #5.
I'd like to know more better way if there is...

Thanks, HIBI.  This works real good!

🙂❤️JB

3 minutes ago, martsave martin s said:

i do export my mix final then on a new project i import(drag the wav-mix)on cakewalk and then apply fade\out..

This^, I do the same, I export my final mix and then create a new project for mastering with that single stereo track. Like that it is very easy to make fade in/outs and save them!

• Thanks 1

Bounce the selection to a new track named Master Bounce that routes directly to Main Outs, and group that track's mute button in opposition with the  Master bus. Always maintain that track's position as the last track in the project.

Whenever you need to do another export/bounce, start by selecting the Master Bounce track and clicking the clip to define the time range, Then Shift+click the first track in the project to select the same range on every other track, and export/bounce with Source = Buses, and only the Master Bus selected. The Master Bounce track is both muted and not routed through the Master bus, so it won't be included.

I usually bounce to a new track, and then drag that clip to a new lane of the Master Bounce track and solo the lane. That way, 'masters' are saved with the project, and  I can toggle the track mute to A/B between the bounced mix and the live mix on the Master bus  to verify everything rendered correctly. I can also toggle between different master bounces,  using the lane solo buttons. 

• Great Idea 1