Xpan2 unconfigured

Good morning: I use Xpand2 as a plugin instrument in Cakewalk by Bandlab. It happens to me that when I have a configuration of 4 instruments corresponding to the 4 channels that it has. These I assign to MIDI channels of the DAW. The problem is that Xpand2 unconfigured and when I want to play other instruments sound. This does not happen to me when I use Pro Tools First with the Xpand2 that is included.
I would appreciate any suggestions. Regards.

Make sure to save the file as a Cakewalk project instead of a MIDI file. Opening a MIDI file causes the default save to be a MIDI file. MIDI files only save MIDI data so, they cannot contain references to plug-ins used in the project. Saving as a Cakewalk project does.

If you believe there is MIDI data resetting the plug-in in a Cakewalk project, check out the data in the Event List View.

Although I save it as a Cakewalk project, when I open it again and play it, It's randomly change the instrument configuration of the Xpand2. Only event note appears in the Event List View data.
The workaround that I have found is to freeze the Xpand 2 instrument track. This makes the audio sound from the connected Midi tracks appear on this instrument track. With this solution I no longer have sound modification in the project.

You need to find out if the midi file  contains  all "Patch Change" info on a single track.  Right click all the midi clips and check the event List and look for  patch changes and delete it.  Xpand2 does not follow the GM standard for patches, so what might be a Piano In TTS-1 could be an synth patch in Xpand2.  Make sure the event list is configured to show All events.

Peace,

Blindeddie

Edited by Blindeddie