Master the Mix VS Ozone 9

Max Arwood

Been an Ozone user since version 5. Can’t speak to the others, but Ozone is a very powerful piece of software. Not cheap! Hugely configurable, or use their “assistant” and let Ozone master your mix. (notice the small “m” in master). Download the demos, take some time to run each through its paces, then; you pays yer money and makes yer cherce. One of the “best” make it loud plugs for me was Slate’s FG-X. But he’s gone “subscription”, to my knowledge has abandoned support, and homey don’t play dat. 

HTH

ps: can you see my “you’re number one” salute there mr slate?

Edited by DeeringAmps
Added post script

I found that Ozone does everything MTM does, plus some.  It's an amazing package.  On the other hand I did like the a la carte thinking of MTM.  It seems to me Ozone is a bit more "idiot proof", (which greatly appeals to me) and it's also deeply integrated.  I would think that somebody that knew what they were doing could get great results from either.   Sadly, I don't always know what I'm doing so Ozone is very helpful there.

Advanced for me. The Neutron integration is interesting, I’ve only really dug in with it once, meaning let Ozone & Neutron make all the decisions. Ended up pulling most of Neutron out, but it did open up some interesting avenues that I went down with Pro Channel and Fab Filter. 

T

On 11/26/2019 at 9:55 AM, DeeringAmps said:

Advanced for me. The Neutron integration is interesting, I’ve only really dug in with it once, meaning let Ozone & Neutron make all the decisions. Ended up pulling most of Neutron out, but it did open up some interesting avenues that I went down with Pro Channel and Fab Filter. 

T

What did it show - What did you fix?

Did you fix EQ Masking your self? 

I'm thinking about Neutron - is it too much trouble to learn and use in a project, and when I get 40 tracks with neuton is them - will it suck my ancient processor dry?

(Playing with Demos now) I use Q3 a bunch!!

Thank,

Max Arwood

13 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

What did it show - What did you fix?

Gave me some insights as to comp & eq, basically tweaked  pro channel or ff from there

Did you fix EQ Masking your self? 

This is something I need to work on with Neutron, and looking forward to.

I'm thinking about Neutron - is it too much trouble to learn and use in a project, and when I get 40 tracks with neuton is them - will it suck my ancient processor dry?

my guess is 40 tracks all with N3, yep. My old Cat handled it, but I pretty much max the latency at mix time. Some troll once saw a screenshot of mine and was all on about it; I flipped the screen the bird and moved on. Again, looking forward to diving into MPS3, watching some instructional vids, I doubt anything I need to do will cause the new Cat to sweat.

(Playing with Demos now) I use Q3 a bunch!!

by Q3 you mean FF? tremendous eq!

Hope I’ve helped a bit. 

• Like 1