Will Cakewalk run on this PC?

SynthManDan

I have an older Gateway All in One computer I used to use, and was curious if Cakewalk will run on it.

It’s Windows 7 (64 bit), Pentium g620 - 2.6 ghz, and 4 gigs RAM.  On this computer it’s already running MixCraft 8 Pro, with several 3rd party VST’s without any issues.  I optimized it a long time ago for DAW usage, and it’s very surprising how much it can handle, even though the RAM is only 4 gigs.

SMD

I only do VST recording.  It’s shocking how many instances I can run of Xpand2 on it, and numerous effects.  MixCraft 8 Pro runs rock solid on it.  I don’t use it as my main computer, just pulled it out of storage and thought, hmmmm back up computer with Cakewalk.

SMD

I think the answer depends somewhat on your projects and your workflow.  If you have 100 tracks and 1000 edits on each track, never freeze a track or consolidate audio, are using many cpu intensive effects or virtual instruments then the computer may not work as you desire.  I main issue I encounter on this computer is high cpu spikes cause the power supply fan to shift into high speed.  A secondary issue is the cursor changes to a hourglass longer than I'd like sometimes but it isn't totally unexpected.  As always it's a toss-up between money (to purchase high specification computer) versus performance.  This computer is vintage 2012.

12 hours ago, SynthManDan said:

I have an older Gateway All in One computer I used to use, and was curious if Cakewalk will run on it.

Install it and see if it works with what you want to do with it. We can guess and tell you the minimum requirements to run this program, but the only way to know for sure is to see for yourself and see if it will run good enough for you , for what you want to do with it.