If you need inspiration...

Noel Borthwick

I recommend checking out Brian Eno's OBLIQUE STRATEGIES quotes...
Originally released as a deck of cards with 500 quotes, these have grown and been updated. I've put them into a text file that you can conveniently use to replace the stock built in ones in Cakewalk. (We added affirmations to the startup toast notifications last year)

To check these out, simply copy the attached ProjectOpenNotification.txt file to this folder:
%APPDATA%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core

Just type that path into the Windows search bar and it should take you to that folder. Then save the attached text file to that folder.
This will override the default built in notifications. You should get a sometimes cryptic but always thoughtful random oblique quote the next time you open a project file. (assuming that you have notifications enabled in preferences | customization | display)

You can even add your own quotes to that list or make up your own list of creativity tips.
I've had these on for a long time now and they never fail to entertain or inspire. YMMV :) 

PS: The original Oblique Strategies deck is still available from Brian's website.

ProjectOpenNotification.txt

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, backwoods said:

Hate to be a killjoy but the affirmation quotes are corny! Love toast notifications, hate the attendant affirmations :) 

Wish we could disable the quotes wihout disabling toast popups

Why not just create your own file with religious quotations, anarchistic quotations, riddles, anything?

image.png.bb9664f55ec4b67f14c57dbd11e81ba3.png

Edited by User 905133
to add a screen shot

Hate to be a killjoy but the affirmation quotes are corny! Love toast notifications, hate the attendant affirmations :) 

Seems like Noel told us where to find them and add more, I suppose you could also delete them.

It has always been possible to disable the quotes without turning off toasts altogether. 

"To turn off affirmations, leave the text file empty."

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...