I Wanna be a Guitar Musician - video

bjornpdx

On 11/26/2019 at 9:20 AM, bjornpdx said:

Kenny
 At what age did you start playing?

Hi Bjorn ,

I started playing the guitar when I was 6 ...by age 9 I was serious ...back then in truth the guitar was my lifeline to having something in my life that made sense...

Part of my practice routine is improvising to your Tales of an Almost Forgotten Yesterday. So far I have nothing to write home about, but there is a melody developing.

I'm glad you are getting some mileage out of the song ...what I do for myself is to play over different sections of a song  and practice my ideas over it ..it is rare that I will play over a tune from beginning to end until I have done my little practice sessions over the various song sections.

I hope you come up with a good melody .

I just want to be competent.

Yeah me too ...lol

I have to laugh ...you have no idea how bad i can sound when I'm off ....I'm not Superman ...lol I think the whole key for me  is to enjoy the gift of having music in my life ...

Maybe you know someone in your area that plays guitar at around or a little bit better than you do now ...some of the best times I've ever had were in low key situations where myself and another guitarist or two would hang out . We would  just swap guitars for a song or two and show each other some of what we are working on ...low pressure fellowship type of vibe ...

Chubby Checker? That's cool as all get out. You must have been really good, even back then.

Thanks for commenting.

it has been an interesting ride would be an understatement ....there's  a few musical Artists I have auditioned for that were name people ( where I didn't get the gig )

Then there were a few notable gigs and situations  I did get   ( my lips are sealed for now )

it was all nice at the time ...the  fact is I have not achieved any of my career goals on the level I could have ....(at least according to my abilities and potential )

I'm actually somewhat sad about the fact that  my music will probably not be heard or valued in today's market.

Unless i can get help doing the things I am clueless about that may be the sad truth for me ...as I said before music was and is my life line so at least   I have had a constructive relationship with music ...it has kept me out of trouble and gave me something to strive for ...

I hope I didn't eat up too much of your thread ....and the offer stands ..someday on a nicer day ...lets meet up away from the studios are hangout and chat  music ..

all the best,

Kenny

• 2 weeks later...