New MCU Functionality

Christopher Hunt

Question

So, I saw this in the update notes: 

Mackie Control enhancements

This release features many significant enhancements to the Mackie Control surface, including:

ProChannel EQ, Track Compressor & Bus Compressor support

Korg nanoKONTROL Studio support for Select button, Buses/Track selection

HUI Protocol support

Disable Handshake option for surfaces which only support the newer MCU protocol

Automatic Fader assignment based on order added within preferences

Key press support for function buttons / footswitches

Added button mappings

Updated command list to match Cakewalk's internal list

This is all great, but HOW?  I'm currently using the X-Touch (1st gen), but I have an older MCU as well.  Seriously no instructions?  Or is it that it's now supposed to work as described in the long (old) set of instructions included in the manual.

Does anyone also know if the X-Touch can be updated with the new MCU software (or Windows, since it's class compliant)?

Really, even for just the MCU, what am I missing?  Or are instructions included in an updated manual?  I searched and Googled, etc.  I'll look at the newest manual now, since that just occurred to me, but any personal experience here, especially as to the updated MCU protocol with an X-touch, would be appreciated.

I did see the short video showing the new MCU features (some of them), but nothing related to channel strip control, never mind plugins.

Thanks so much!

2 answers to this question

For the enhancements you've listed, take a look here:

http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=NewFeatures.09.html

For the latest enhancements, there's a link in the 2019.11 EA notes:

https://drive.google.com/a/bandlab.com/file/d/1GiBZnr4suRU8OhmGDkep_G8DEhsEhzjF/view?usp=sharing

There's no way you can download the MCU software to the X-Touch  - they're completely different hardware.

AFAIK though, the X-Touch implements the latest MCU protocol.