Comp split gluing.

Jerry Freese

Question

10 answers to this question

10 hours ago, David Baay said:

Select the clips on either side of the split, and Ctrl+click one of them with the Comp tool.

Tried it. Does not work for me. I did exactly as the manual read. The manual does say "You can also manually heal abutting healable clips. To do so, select the clips, then hold down the CTRL key and clip one of the selected clips".  It doesn't say "click one" of the clips it says "clip one" ??? Holding down the cont key affects nothing as far as I can tell.

Edited by Jerry Freese

5 hours ago, David Baay said:

IBe sure to click in the lower half of the clip where the Comp tool is showing.

Thanks I have been doing that but it's not working for some reason. I'll keep trying..  I've been working with the program since V4 and have had every update since so I understand the tools but for some reason the glue is not gluing!

Thanks nothing has been moved. I am trying to get this to work by recording 2 lanes back to back in comp mode,sweeping the middle of the two takes to make two splits,selecting two adjoining splits,then move down the clip to the comp tool and control clicking one of them. It doe nothing besides de select the clip.

This for some reason is just completely not working. Nothing I can do will heal the split besides sweeping over them. I know this doesn't help people to help me ,but nothing works that has been mentioned. I really think something is broke.

This isn't working for me either.  If this is a clue, I have multiple takes overlapping when this happens I tried deleting the stub and cannot get crop smart tool to show on parent clip even with comp and fade disabled.

This really messes with my OCD...  I like to keep clips (takes) in one piece and blend the track with cropping and fades.

Version 2019.09