Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Ha ha, When I saw your post I just thought you were trying out the embedded music player. 

Thanks Mort. Good to know. 

Seems I cannot change my User name from John to Cactus, I don't see any edit buttons on that part of my Account settings options. 

Edited by John Vere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bandlab account settings, Yes. Forum account settings, No.

Also, IE11 won't let me log on the forum or see your signatures. Others have this issue? I have to use Chrome to login and see your sigs. 

Edited by sjoens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Morten Saether said:

Keni, immediately after you paste a URL that gets converted, you should see Your link has been automatically embedded.  Display as a link instead for a brief moment. Click Display as a link instead to revert the URL to plain text.

image.png

 

Thanks Morten!

 

So cool to have you back on the team!

 

I'm about to see if I can address this. I didn't see the convert notice when it happened. Possibly due to posting from my ipad mini's screen with it's pop up touch keyboard using so much screen real estate.

 

Hmmm... On second thought I might wait until tomorrow as my pc's are all down for the night. It might be easier on one of them instead of the ipad. I used to have my machines on 24/7 but (sadly?) that is not now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sjoens said:

Bandlab account settings, Yes. Forum account settings, No.

Also, IE11 won't let me log on the forum or see your signatures. Others have this issue? I have to use Chrome to login and see your sigs. 

Same for me with IE11 - it just sits at the continue screen and doesn't display the Cakewalk logo (but has the placeholder for it). 

Not really sure why I even clicked on IE in the first place🙄

Firefox works fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jesse Jost said:

@Bapu what limitations do you mean specifically?

Only five links, and 8 lines. Can't do what I had on the old forum.🤢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EI 11 is a pointless browser to use. I manage my own web page and the software I use even states that it is optimized for Chrome, Safari and Android.  I always look at my pages after I publish and they look exactly right on those and even Firefox. But IE everything is all wrong and add ons are missing.  I'm only forced to use it at work and I hate it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, sjoens said:

Bandlab account settings, Yes. Forum account settings, No.

Also, IE11 won't let me log on the forum or see your signatures. Others have this issue? I have to use Chrome to login and see your sigs. 

The first time I tried accessing the new forum with IE11,  it would not let me login.  I tried IE 11 several times without success.  I then used Chrome to successfully login. 

Oddly, I tried IE11 again and was able to login on both Win10 and Win7.  I figured BandLab fixed something.  However,  I wonder whether the initial login to the forum with Chrome nudged some parameter (locally or on the forum server) which allowed IE 11 to work.

Maybe this is a possible solution for others who still want to use IE11 to login.   

-Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not here. Although IE is the best overall browser for me, only certain videos and now this don't work. Really makes no sense. 😖

Edited by sjoens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9_9Changed some settings in IE:

File > Tools > General > *check* Delete browsing history on exit

File > Tools > Content > *click* Clear SSL state

File > Tools > Advanced > *check* Security > Use SSL 3.0

 

Don't know which one actually fixed it but I can log on now.

Edited by sjoens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sjoens said:

9_9Changed some settings in IE:

File > Tools > General > *check* Delete browsing history on exit

File > Tools > Content > *click* Clear SSL state

File > Tools > Advanced > *check* Security > Use SSL 3.0

 

Don't know which one actually fixed it but I can log on now.

Glad to hear you can get access using IE11 again.  It's still working for me too.  I probably deleted the browsing history (once, not on exit) in both IE11 and Chrome  before IE11 would work.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First order of business on any forum is to disable the signatures imo.  I was glad to find that this new board had that feature too so I can avoid all the eye sores :) 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tobias said:

First order of business on any forum is to disable the signatures imo.  I was glad to find that this new board had that feature too so I can avoid all the eye sores :) 

 

 

Signatures are pretty useful here. 

Quite often the biggest issue with users asking questions, is that they don't give any details of their setup (e.g. audio device & drivers, W7 / W10, version of software, details of computer etc.)

Having this info in your signature can help whoever is answering any queries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

Signatures are pretty useful here. 

Quite often the biggest issue with users asking questions, is that they don't give any details of their setup (e.g. audio device & drivers, W7 / W10, version of software, details of computer etc.)

Having this info in your signature can help whoever is answering any queries.

That is a fair point actually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Signatures are important, for the reason cited above: If you're looking for help, folks will need to know what equipment and software you're using.

I do object to sigs with large graphics and/or commercial messages. Really, just include a link to your website, Soundcloud page, Facebook or whatever. I'll click on it if I'm interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...