Signatures

Larry Jones

I don't see a way in this forum to add a signature to my profile. A list of equipment/software is valuable when asking and answering technical questions. Having to type out this information every time would be tedious, and (my opinion) will lead to a lot of posts saying "What equipment and software are you using?"

Can this function be added?

My signature didn't show up in the post preview.   Hopefully it will be added when the post is submitted. 

Edit:  Indeed the signature was displayed after the post was submitted.   Edit works too!

Edited by Tom B

2 hours ago, Tobias said:

Some would argue that overuse of signature space with pics and weird fonts/colors is what is so 80's :)

If you find a specific signature being too large or otherwise strenuous, it's possible to hide it on an individual user basis by hovering over the signature and click the X appearing to the right. Then you will have the option to either hide all signatures or opt-out specifically for the selected user. But I haven’t yet found a way to restore a user’s hidden signature.

Edited by Canopus
  • Like 1

Ya I find HUGE signatures with giant pictures large fonts and boring details of what Power supply someone owns really trash the reading experience on the forum. To the point that I have often blocked those members so I don't see those HUGE signatures. Some were like self promo adverts. 

What might be a cool add on to the forum is that there is just a link at the bottom which opens a sub page with all our details and photos. Really do we need to know anything about our computers anymore? I think we are well past worrying about computer specs these days. 

Edited by John Vere

22 minutes ago, John Vere said:

Ya I find HUGE signatures with giant pictures large fonts and boring details of what Power supply someone owns really trash the reading experience on the forum. To the point that I have often blocked those members so I don't see those HUGE signatures. Some were like self promo adverts. 

What might be a cool add on to the forum is that there is just a link at the bottom which opens a sub page with all our details and photos. Really do we need to know anything about our computers anymore? I think we are well past worrying about computer specs these days. 

Yeah, some of them are a bit "look at me" for sure, but as I've just discovered the hide signature button then I guess it's not really a problem as such.

7 hours ago, Keni said:

It seems to have auto-converted one of my links into a pic. I don't know why and though it's a pic of my album cover, it feels a bit much.

Keni, immediately after you paste a URL that gets converted, you should see Your link has been automatically embedded.  Display as a link instead for a brief moment. Click Display as a link instead to revert the URL to plain text.

image.png