Signatures

Larry Jones

Ha ha, When I saw your post I just thought you were trying out the embedded music player. 

Thanks Mort. Good to know. 

Seems I cannot change my User name from John to Cactus, I don't see any edit buttons on that part of my Account settings options. 

Edited by John Vere

Bandlab account settings, Yes. Forum account settings, No.

Also, IE11 won't let me log on the forum or see your signatures. Others have this issue? I have to use Chrome to login and see your sigs. 

Edited by sjoens

5 hours ago, Morten Saether said:

Keni, immediately after you paste a URL that gets converted, you should see Your link has been automatically embedded.  Display as a link instead for a brief moment. Click Display as a link instead to revert the URL to plain text.

image.png

Thanks Morten!

So cool to have you back on the team!

I'm about to see if I can address this. I didn't see the convert notice when it happened. Possibly due to posting from my ipad mini's screen with it's pop up touch keyboard using so much screen real estate.

Hmmm... On second thought I might wait until tomorrow as my pc's are all down for the night. It might be easier on one of them instead of the ipad. I used to have my machines on 24/7 but (sadly?) that is not now.

10 hours ago, sjoens said:

Also, IE11 won't let me log on the forum or see your signatures. Others have this issue? I have to use Chrome to login and see your sigs. 

Same for me with IE11 - it just sits at the continue screen and doesn't display the Cakewalk logo (but has the placeholder for it). 

Not really sure why I even clicked on IE in the first place🙄

Firefox works fine. 

EI 11 is a pointless browser to use. I manage my own web page and the software I use even states that it is optimized for Chrome, Safari and Android.  I always look at my pages after I publish and they look exactly right on those and even Firefox. But IE everything is all wrong and add ons are missing.  I'm only forced to use it at work and I hate it. 

19 hours ago, sjoens said:

The first time I tried accessing the new forum with IE11,  it would not let me login.  I tried IE 11 several times without success.  I then used Chrome to successfully login. 

Oddly, I tried IE11 again and was able to login on both Win10 and Win7.  I figured BandLab fixed something.  However,  I wonder whether the initial login to the forum with Chrome nudged some parameter (locally or on the forum server) which allowed IE 11 to work.

Maybe this is a possible solution for others who still want to use IE11 to login.   

-Tom

9_9Changed some settings in IE:

File > Tools > General > *check* Delete browsing history on exit

File > Tools > Content > *click* Clear SSL state

File > Tools > Advanced > *check* Security > Use SSL 3.0

Don't know which one actually fixed it but I can log on now.

Edited by sjoens

9 hours ago, sjoens said:

9_9Changed some settings in IE:

File > Tools > General > *check* Delete browsing history on exit

File > Tools > Content > *click* Clear SSL state

File > Tools > Advanced > *check* Security > Use SSL 3.0

Don't know which one actually fixed it but I can log on now.

Glad to hear you can get access using IE11 again.  It's still working for me too.  I probably deleted the browsing history (once, not on exit) in both IE11 and Chrome  before IE11 would work.  

2 hours ago, Tobias said:

First order of business on any forum is to disable the signatures imo.  I was glad to find that this new board had that feature too so I can avoid all the eye sores :) 

Signatures are pretty useful here. 

Quite often the biggest issue with users asking questions, is that they don't give any details of their setup (e.g. audio device & drivers, W7 / W10, version of software, details of computer etc.)

Having this info in your signature can help whoever is answering any queries.

53 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

Signatures are pretty useful here. 

Quite often the biggest issue with users asking questions, is that they don't give any details of their setup (e.g. audio device & drivers, W7 / W10, version of software, details of computer etc.)

Having this info in your signature can help whoever is answering any queries.

That is a fair point actually. 

Signatures are important, for the reason cited above: If you're looking for help, folks will need to know what equipment and software you're using.

I do object to sigs with large graphics and/or commercial messages. Really, just include a link to your website, Soundcloud page, Facebook or whatever. I'll click on it if I'm interested.