Melodyne BF Sale

cclarry

7 minutes ago, jesse g said:

Having Melodyne editor,  I don't see a need to go to studio.  Is there a big difference coming from Editor and Studio?

With Studio you can work with multi tracks, and you have the powerful sound editor. Check out the above video to see what the sound editor is capable of. 

• Thanks 1

Be honest guys, the holy DNA Direct Note Access polyphonic recognition is very poor! I was very disappointed when I upgraded to the Editor and tried to open very simple polyphonic instrument tracks (yes, no piano! 😉). I had to change the whole stuff in assignment mode to have something half-baked. Sometimes I really regret to have paid for the upgrade, therefore I would never upgrade to Studio, it is not worth the money! IMO the Melodyne development has become too sophisticated, they should have paid more attention to the issues they have instead of increasing the functionality! Just look how strange and unintelligible are the pitch differences in assignment and edit mode! It makes no sense and makes working really difficult! How can you find the correct note start if the pitch is totally different in assignment mode than in edit note, very very weird!

38 minutes ago, marled said:

Be honest guys, the holy DNA Direct Note Access polyphonic recognition is very poor! I was very disappointed when I upgraded to the Editor and tried to open very simple polyphonic instrument tracks (yes, no piano! 😉). I had to change the whole stuff in assignment mode to have something half-baked. Sometimes I really regret to have paid for the upgrade, therefore I would never upgrade to Studio, it is not worth the money! IMO the Melodyne development has become too sophisticated, they should have paid more attention to the issues they have instead of increasing the functionality! Just look how strange and unintelligible are the pitch differences in assignment and edit mode! It makes no sense and makes working really difficult! How can you find the correct note start if the pitch is totally different in assignment mode than in edit note, very very weird!

Yep, true. It is far from perfect. However I am on the other side of the river an do not regret. ;)

Still  while not ideal I cannot imagine to be able to do everything I need with just assistant version.  With no polyphony many things are simply impossible to do.  It is giving many opportunities and making life much easier. It is often easier to do adjustments than start from scratch.

• Like 3

Piotr pretty much sums up Melodyne Editor for me. I use it a lot and find it indispensable. The jump to Editor was a game changer for me. 

Having watched a few videos of Studio I am torn between the functionality it offers vs upgrading Vocalign Project to Revoice Pro. The latter offers premium vocal tuning, time correction and doubled tracks for music production.  I do seem to spend a lot of time aligning vocal tracks. 

Does anyone here use both and have a preference?

In the meantime I will demo both Melodyne Studio and Revoice Pro. 

The deal has shown up at Plugin Boutique.  $49 upgrade to Assistant is probably all I'd ever need, but I'm not even sure I need that as I don't do much vocals and DAWs have perfectly serviceable monophonic pitch shifting and time stretching, audio to midi, etc. these days.

I think I'm going to pass.  I'm doing more EDM, Orchestral (with Samples) and audio engineering/music design these days.

21 hours ago, ZincT said:

upgrading Vocalign Project to Revoice Pro. The latter offers premium vocal tuning, time correction and doubled tracks for music production.  I do seem to spend a lot of time aligning vocal tracks. 

Well, to be honest I think those both are not quite similar animals... And this is not good news...

About Revoice pro what is surprising for me it seems to be less integrated than Vocalign Pro as it runs as background application which is communicating with DAW through ARA. Not just beeing a plugin in DAW which is using it.  This is - in fact - reason - why I keep postponing performing ilok trade-in procedure (I will lost possibility to use Vocalign Pro after doing it in ilok).

The most disappointing for me is doubler as in many examples (even sponsored by SynchroArt what is unbelievable strange) I saw it sounds very phasy in fact something little terrible :( But I would like not to generalize I didn't test it by myself as I am little afraid to go with upgrade despite of I already bought it several days ago.

Check this video for example:

I would strongly encourage you to check some videos before final decision. Groove3 with SynchroArts provided free tutorial about Revoice Pro. Not sure if it is still available as free.

But of course Revoice has some strong points which you cannot find in Melodyne like copying params of one vocal to the other track when tuning, alignment of timing (what attracted me the most as I believe Melodyne also is doing great about tuning  ) etc... In many things Vocalign Pro is really great step forward from Vocalign Project (this step I can recommend you without any doubts, considering price/ability ;)

Maybe it would be also good idea to take it for tests ?

For me they have their own stronger point and weaker points and in fact when you are very often aditing audio tracks

• Thanks 1

Just upgraded to editor and thinking of studio but not convinced with that Sound Editor video above. Idea sounds great but results seem to be quite artificial with weird artifacts. Does anyone who has it really find it adds to their workflow?

• Like 1