Melodyne BF Sale

cclarry

1 hour ago, Piotr said:

Well, to be honest I think those both are not quite similar animals... And this is not good news...

About Revoice pro what is surprising for me it seems to be less integrated than Vocalign Pro as it runs as background application which is communicating with DAW through ARA. Not just beeing a plugin in DAW which is using it.  This is - in fact - reason - why I keep postponing performing ilok trade-in procedure (I will lost possibility to use Vocalign Pro after doing it in ilok).

The most disappointing for me is doubler as in many examples (even sponsored by SynchroArt what is unbelievable strange) I saw it sounds very phasy in fact something little terrible :( But I would like not to generalize I didn't test it by myself as I am little afraid to go with upgrade despite of I already bought it several days ago.

Check this video for example:

I would strongly encourage you to check some videos before final decision. Groove3 with SynchroArts provided free tutorial about Revoice Pro. Not sure if it is still available as free.

But of course Revoice has some strong points which you cannot find in Melodyne like copying params of one vocal to the other track when tuning, alignment of timing (what attracted me the most as I believe Melodyne also is doing great about tuning  ) etc... In many things Vocalign Pro is really great step forward from Vocalign Project (this step I can recommend you without any doubts, considering price/ability ;)

Maybe it would be also good idea to take it for tests ?

For me they have their own stronger point and weaker points and in fact when you are very often aditing audio tracks

Thanks a lot Piotr for the detailed response! It is much appreciated. 

It's really interesting to hear your negative points regarding Revoice Pro. I watched a few videos on it today and didn't like how it operated compared to Vocalign Project. The lack of integration seemed apparent. Also, all of the demos of the doubler that I found sounded unconvincing (as you also pointed out). 

As it happens (unlucky or lucky coincidence? ) Vocalign Project stopped working for me this morning after years of faithful service. I think it must have known that I was considering trading it in for a younger model 😉 Anyway, after a couple of unsuccessful uninstall/reinstalls I took the opportunity to leave it uninstalled and trial Vocalign Pro 4. I received the trial iLok activation immediately and it was up and running pretty quickly. It's now working perfectly and seems so much better than the lesser version. The fact that it can work on multiple tracks will also be a boon. 

So my decision is made re Vocalign... buy Pro 4!  Thanks for your help in deciding Piotr. I owe ya a beer 🍺🍺

I am still pondering the Melodyne upgrade though. 🤔

8 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Thanks a lot Piotr for the detailed response! It is much appreciated. 

It's really interesting to hear your negative points regarding Revoice Pro. I watched a few videos on it today and didn't like how it operated compared to Vocalign Project. The lack of integration seemed apparent. Also, all of the demos of the doubler that I found sounded unconvincing (as you also pointed out). 

As it happens (unlucky or lucky coincidence? ) Vocalign Project stopped working for me this morning after years of faithful service. I think it must have known that I was considering trading it in for a younger model 😉 Anyway, after a couple of unsuccessful uninstall/reinstalls I took the opportunity to leave it uninstalled and trial Vocalign Pro 4. I received the trial iLok activation immediately and it was up and running pretty quickly. It's now working perfectly and seems so much better than the lesser version. The fact that it can work on multiple tracks will also be a boon. 

So my decision is made re Vocalign... buy Pro 4!  Thanks for your help in deciding Piotr. I owe ya a beer 🍺🍺

You are welcome. :)  I believe you have made 'right' decision ;) You will have  still  doors opened for upgrade to Revoice in future if you change your mind. 

And Vocalign Pro is a big step from Project version in workflow and  has less limitations.

And maybe with next version Revoice will be more convincing. They are doing promos for upgrades few times per year if I am not wrong. No need to rush ;)

Well while that additional background application scares me about DAW-Revoice cooperation (RAM, communication efficiency, stability, workflow) who knows maybe it is not so evil as it seems to be. I will probable dare one day to perform upgrade (or maybe grab demo keys to test it not to do anything which cannot be undone). I will be able to let you know how it works. But have serious concerns as CbB is crashy enough even without additional complicating work environment.

30 minutes ago, ZincT said:

About this topic. I have Studio and will be honest while Editor is great @tomput right question about Editor. It is for me (maybe I am wrong) more creative tool than addition to normal workflow.

However possibility of 'Multi-tracking and Multitrack Note Editing' or 'Quantize to reference track' is something which is worth to consider.

Especially the first one.

Edited by Piotr

• 8 months later...

I'm an idiot. Well known truth.

I rarely use it except to understand what was played. I never modify what was played really. lol

And still, I couldn't resist upgrading. I feel like it's an important tool for some reason.

Remember, I'm an idiot.

But I am grateful for the discount price. I paid $132 USD at EveryPlugin for an upgrade from Studio 4 to Studio 5.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toffo said:

Was thinking we were having Black Friday in July this year... nothing in 2020 surprises me anymore!

You are correct here!!

8 hours ago, Gswitz said:

I'm an idiot. Well known truth.

I rarely use it except to understand what was played. I never modify what was played really. lol

OK, I am not understanding here. What do you rarely use?  The idiot part? Or the truth?! : )

I had to look and see why someone brought a dead thread back to life. It was kind of a let down!! : )

I have Studio and waiting for BF.....on principle. Still annoyed that Essential owners get new features for free , and the loyal customers who have Studio have to pay through the nose for these same features.

• Sad 1

Dead thread back to life b/c I just bought it. I did use the deal. I had thought it through carefully when the upgrade came out and decided against it.

I don't think I've used Melodyne once since then.

Idk why I bought it. I might have caught some dread disease hanging out with you people.

Edited by Gswitz
  • Haha 2