No audio playback

Andrew Valkauskas

Heya,

I'm pretty new to this, and doing the initial setup. I have a Bahringer UMC404HD with Cakewalk. I have a few questions, but the main one is:

1) I get a midi recording to work, but I cannot get audio playback. I have the 4.59 drivers installed and running any and all pc audio through the 404 works perfectly. It's just Cakewalk where I cannot hear anything.

2) A less important question but a question none the less, when I look at audio properties->devices, I only see UMC ASIO Driver In 1 & 3, I don't see 2 & 4, but the 404 has 4 inputs.

Some help would be great as I'm just figuring out the wonderful world of DAW.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum.

On the MIDI track, what is it's output set to? It must be set to an external sound module/keyboard or a software synthesizer. Since you are using ASIO, it shouldn't be set to Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth. If it is, there's something wrong.

The 1 input is 'stereo input 1' and so on. In the audio track's inputs, you should be able to select from Left, Right,  or Stereo.

Okay. Is the keyboard connected to speakers? Do you have channel and patch (instrument sound) assignments in the MIDI track? You would probably want to use "General MIDI" for now.

Or, go to 'Insert' at the top and select Soft Synth>TTS-1 and set the MIDI track's output to TTS-1. Make sure you have chosen a channel and patch in the MIDI track.
Set the output of TTS-1 to your Behringer, or a bus that has it's output set to the Behringer.

On the mic and bass, you will want to select either L or R for their inputs since they are not stereo instruments.
I'm out. Bed time.
More info will follow tomorrow, I'm sure.

Some RTFM may be in order. 😉 It's not hard, so you should be going in no time.
Good luck!