how to select and delete a group of nodes

white flowers

What are people's preferred methods for selecting and deleting a group of automation nodes? As I discussed most recently here: https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/7171-201909-feedback/page/6/&tab=comments#comment-77103, the behavior for node/envelope selection has changed in the last several months. Since I can't understand why the behavior was changed, I'm hopeful that it will change back soon as I requested at the link above. However, until then, I'm curious about what other people are doing.

A specific scenario I have found to be more difficult in the current release would be when there is one node directly (or almost directly) above another one, and I wish to select that node as well as several others on the same envelope, followed by deleting the selected nodes. Previously, I would lasso-select the nodes on the main track (for various reasons I prefer to edit all automation curves on the main track without expanding lanes) and press the delete key. I explain why this is no longer possible in the above-linked post. As far as I know, in the current release, the most efficient method would be to expand automation lanes, then swipe-select the nodes as well as the synchronous nodes I wish not to select, then to control-click on those synchronous nodes to deselect them, then to press the delete key, then to collapse the automation lanes. This is less efficient and also incurs a degree of unpleasant cognitive dissonance as I have to select and then deselect the synchronous nodes.

Does anyone have thoughts about what is supposed to be happening here, why it changed, and whether there is an efficient way to do this now, either intended or workaround?

Thanks

Edited by btbrock