Freedrum Gift Card ($0.99 for $25)

mettelus

Before getting excited about the gift card, read up on their main page and check compatibility if you intend to use these with an Android phone (they list known good phone and Pads, but not all are guaranteed and they have an app to test for you). This is basically a competitor to Aerodrums which doesn't require you to sit in a bright light, so can play them anywhere with a supporting mobile device.

This Gift Card offer passed through my email a couple weeks ago (I stripped off the email specifics and it still works), and is a deal to save $24 during the holiday sales (can be combined with other promotions). The fine print says it is NOT valid in Australia and New Zealand (be sure to read the specifics on the offer). Gift cards are usable through 01.01.2020. For the digital gift cards it says: "Digital gift cards may only be used on Complete and Starter Kit products until the date of validity stated on the digital gift card. Digital gift cards are delivered as PDF files once the purchase is confirmed. Digital gift cards are refundable for the purchased amount for up to 12 months from the date of purchase. You may not combine the code provided on the digital gift card with another discount code. Digital gift cards are not valid for use in Australia and New Zealand." Apparently you can refund the card after it expires??

Has anyone tried these out yet? I asked this a couple years ago and no one responded, but I have been following them since they did a kickstarter project in 2016. I like the interface much more than Aerodrums, but have not seen anyone else mention them in the forums (yet). I may end up being the guinea pig for the forum, which is fine, but I like the ability to drive a VSTi without a kit or keyboard.