Arturia V Collection file locations

Vernon Barnes

I am trying to recover disc space on my system drive by moving files to another drive if possible.

By far the biggest potential saving is 11.5 GB in "Program Data" associated with the Arturia V Collection. Arturia Software Centre lets one select the location of the VST DLLs  but I can't see any options for this additional conten. I have also looked in the settings for various instruments and cannot see any option to chance the location. Has anyone got this content in a different location?

I have not used a directory junction in this specific case but it should work.

Here are the steps to relocate C:\ProgramData\Arturia to D:\Arturia

• Using Windows Explorer move the Arturia folder in C:\ProgramData to the D drive
  • In C:\ProgramData open a command window as administrator
  • Enter mklink /j Arturia D:\Arturia

Of course, the Arturia folder could be placed on any drive under any folder or even renamed as long as the junction called Arturia created by mklink exists under C:\ProgramData and points to the new path containing the contents in the original C:\ProgramData\Arturia folder.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, scook said:

I have not used a directory junction in this specific case but it should work.

Here are the steps to relocate C:\ProgramData\Arturia to D:\Arturia

• Using Windows Explorer move the Arturia folder in C:\ProgramData to the D drive
  • In C:\ProgramData open a command window as administrator
  • Enter mklink /j Arturia D:\Arturia

Of course, the Arturia folder could be placed on any drive under any folder or even renamed as long as the junction called Arturia created by mklink exists under C:\ProgramData and points to the new path containing the contents in the original C:\ProgramData\Arturia folder.

Thank. I will try that later.