Timeline cursor unstable

Jerry Freese

Pretty new to band lab but have used every version of Cake since 4. I was using Platinum for a few years and since it was getting glitchy with my newly updated Melodyne, I decided to jump to the Bandlab version. Only problem (s) I am having with it is:

1. I need to need to have the input echo on to hear when editing blobs and I never did before. Not a big deal but strange. I have read about the Global effects button thing but that is not relevant here.

.2 My biggest problem,The floating timeline cursor is "jerky" when playing/recording. I have a pretty powerful computer with dedicated  video card. This never happened before in Platinum and now with the bandlab version, it is fuzzy double vision looking and jerky across the screen,not smooth like before. Is there maybe a new setting I'm missing. I tried for the heck of it to up the buffer but it did not affect the crummy looking cursor.

What mode are you running your soundcard in (ASIO, WDM, MME, WASAPI) ?

Normally I would point to video card but sometimes a stressing out audio card could produce similar results.

Make sure you have updated the drivers to your video card. Could be a DPI scaling issue as well.

@martsave martin s Has the right idea. Have you tried the Pause/break button on your keyboard ?

• Like 1

The day & years before when I was using Platinum there has never been this issue. I read that the new bandlab version was supposed to be more stable /less resource  demanding so it is a little tough for me to think the card that worked perfectly with Platinum on Monday (and the past several years) suddenlyhas an issue Tuesday.

I don't know what you mean by pause/break button? Where is it and what does it do?  Asio Drivers. Same as Platinum. 

OK I read a little about it.....If the Now Time does not update smoothly during playback, press the PAUSE (or BREAK) key on your keyboard to make sure you didn't inadvertently put SONAR in CPU conservation mode. If the PAUSE key has been pressed, SONAR displays the letter P in the status bar.

Is there a status bar? Where?

I'm not sure if I have a pause/break button on my keyboard but this does sound like that is happening. I'll look thanks.

3 hours ago, Jerry Freese said:

The day & years before when I was using Platinum there has never been this issue. I read that the new bandlab version was supposed to be more stable /less resource  demanding so it is a little tough for me to think the card that worked perfectly with Platinum on Monday (and the past several years) suddenlyhas an issue Tuesday.

I wasn't implying there was something "wrong" with your set up. I just don't happen to have that generic "Oh ya this is an easy one" answer to your problem.

So the more detailed info you give, the easier it will be to accept productive suggestions from forum users. Telling us "it worked last Tuesday" wont help your case much.

So if you read my last post, hopefully you find some things useful.

5 hours ago, David Baay said:

In my experience, the Now cursor movement tends to look a little fuzzy/shaky at higher tempos and/or zoom levels. The oldest version I still have installed is X2, and it looks no different than the current release.

For me it was noticed immediately upon install. Thanks the performance seems to be OK. Graphics driver up to date and red hot. Definitely NOT the pause button,when I pressed it there was no doubt when it was on.😮 Just must be the way it is. I can live with it as I don't really want to "jump ship" after all these years getting acquainted with the program. Thank you all for your help!