IK Spaceport for SampleTank 4

cclarry

2 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Maybe I can convince someone to make ST4 become an offer you can't refuse :P

Uh-oh. 

Bummer that these installers have lost their memory of previous installs.  So if anyone has issues they may not have installed where you usually put them.

1 minute ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

That's not normal behavior.  The library location that you have set in ST4 should be what comes up in the installer.

Nope.   The installer wanted to put the library in My Documents.  There are already folders created there for ST3 and 4 sounds.  The ST update didn't remember my IK Vst folder either.     Some of the issues other may have had in this thread is the standalone showed ST4 SE unregistered and the new sounds.   Running it as a VST removed that. So if anyone has issues do VST first then standalone.

Just now, kitekrazy said:

Nope.   The installer wanted to put the library in My Documents.  There are already folders created there for ST3 and 4 sounds.  The ST update didn't remember my IK Vst folder either.     Some of the issues other may have had in this thread is the standalone showed ST4 SE unregistered and the new sounds.   Running it as a VST removed that. So if anyone has issues do VST first then standalone.

Again, this is not normal behavior, the installers are set to recall your library location.  If you believe you have found an issue (be it an issue for you or to be verified if you feel it is global) please report it to IK Support.  Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

The library location that you have set in ST4 should be what comes up in the installer.

I can confirm that, on my PC, the location the installer offered as a default was the correct location used by Sampletank 4 content for my installation.

9 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Again, this is not normal behavior, the installers are set to recall your library location.  If you believe you have found an issue (be it an issue for you or to be verified if you feel it is global) please report it to IK Support.  Thanks.

I'm trying to figure out how small folders of ST3 and 4 got installed to My Documents.    By habit I pay attention to where my installs go.  It did happen on 2 machines.   For me this is a minor issue.

Edited by kitekrazy

30 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

That's not normal behavior.  The library location that you have set in ST4 should be what comes up in the installer.

This appears to be true in my case also! But I always check the content path before I click 'next' on the installer, and by default it had selected my "Sampletank 3" content path. So I politely re-directed it to my "SampleTank 4" content path.

All good here. But this behavior could catch an unwary user by surprise.

3 minutes ago, abacab said:

This appears to be true in my case also! But I always check the content path before I click 'next' on the installer, and by default it had selected my "Sampletank 3" content path. So I politely re-directed it to my "SampleTank 4" content path.

All good here. But this behavior could catch an unwary user by surprise.

Same here...it came up as SampleTank 3...not 4, but I redirected it to 4

• Like 1