Your BF Strategy

Magic Russ

51 minutes ago, BassDaddy said:

I may have to go for that steak dinner Christian mentioned.

No more than medium rare man. 

Well someone told me that Dr. Bonkers makes some of the best bass cab IRs by far and he recommended a few specific ones that came out to about $38.. 

And if I understand correctly, that code down there will take 20% off the already sale price.. but only on the day of Black Friday (it doesn't currently work):

kfas19

2 minutes ago, Piotr said:

with glassy screen (even with good handled reflections as promised by the Lady) nope 😜

I hated glossy screens also , i went from the elitebook to the xps , and the 4 K display is a piece of art , adn until you get direct sunlight , it's more than ok !!!  i usually face the sun ;)

• Like 2

Strategy this year....ummmm....

- More song writing support tools - RapidComposer (got a great KVR deal), Sundog stuff,  Scaler (done), Captain Chords (maybe - I'm told it's a bit unstable)

- Bargains, freebies and no brainers

- Resist temptation to upgrade K12 to K12U until K13U at least.

- Maybe upgrade Melodyne Editor to Studio or upgrade Vocalign Project to Revoice Pro.

- No more compressors, EQs, effects, loops etc

The other option is to forget all of the above and go with Bapu's plan :) 

• Haha 1

My unplanned upgrade to K12U CE was partly because I’m not entirely sure there will ever be a K13U or K13U CE available to buy, and I absolutely hate subscription plans. I still to this day regret that I didn’t buy Adobe's latest and greatest CS bundle while it was still possible. So I guess I’m a man of reason after all. Or possibly a man of uncertainty.

• Like 1

I've already blown the turkey load on fuzz pedals because, well, fuzz.

That said, I'll probably pick up the Studio One Pro upgrade from Producer.  Should be ultra cheap for me with some time + space vouchers added to the mix.

Edited by Anxiousmofo
  • Great Idea 1

I'm a bit more resistant to GAS compared to past years. At this rate 50 years from now I'll probably not buying anything (well... maybe before that... anyway... 🙁)

I finally decided to get the Komplete 12 Ultimate upgrade for $299 (I'm at K11 now). I was tempted to get a good orchestral library instead but I'll play with the K12U libraries and would expand my options next year (and preferable with Kontakt compatible libraries).

I'm also getting the NI's Super 8 synth, even knowing that it'll probably be included in a future ultimate pack. I don't want to wait for this one (and the sale price is very good IMO).

But I'll pass again the Arturia V Collection upgrade though (I'm at v5 now). And although I'd love to have the Buchla Easel or the Synthi V emulations,  I'll buy this upgrade only when Arturia includes some old Ensoniq synths in the pack (ESQ1 or SQ80).  I'll hate myself if I get this now and shortly after they add some of this synths. Let's see.

Finally... only REALLY compelling deals with BIG cost/benefit ratios will have my attention (like the Ozone 8 standard for $49 at PB f.i. I couldn't resist that since I only have the Elements version).

Edited by Sergio

I just wrapped up my black Friday shopping. Found someone on KVR to sell me the Eventide H910, I picked up Mallet Flux instead of Sonnicouture Marimba, and I snagged a Zulu off of reverb. Even picked up Modern Snare Selects for BFD since Eric had some holdovers he was letting go at an extra discount. Oh, and Portal thanks to the heads-up here on the killer deal online. :)

Now back to the garage to staple fabric to the bass traps I'm building... 

• Like 1

I am trying to resist the urge to jump on the Studio One Pro 4.5 deal, and focus instead on registering and installing Cubase 10.5 which I crossgraded to in the Spring.  I don't even have time to make music on the DAWs I already have - I have a sickness 😫

14 minutes ago, pbognar said:

I am trying to resist the urge to jump on the Studio One Pro 4.5 deal, and focus instead on registering and installing Cubase 10.5 which I crossgraded to in the Spring.  I don't even have time to make music on the DAWs I already have - I have a sickness 😫

Sit on your activation license until you have time to use the DAW.  With Stienberg's current licensing policy it will be good for what ever version you apply it to i.e. 11, 11.5, etc.

Edited by TheSteven