Bias Amp 2 Updated on 11/18

cclarry

Unfortunately they din't fixed the most annoying thing in any plugin ever... 

Created first track, added AMP2, asked to login in. Ok, I did.

Created second track, added another instance of AMP2 and asked again to login .... this is madness...

Happy I have so many alternatives... THU, RIGs, and others...

Who is asking to login again and again with every new instance???

7 minutes ago, Piotr said:

Unfortunately they din't fixed the most annoying thing in any plugin ever... 

Created first track, added AMP2, asked to login in. Ok, I did.

Created second track, added another instance of AMP2 and asked again to login .... this is madness...

Happy I have so many alternatives... THU, RIGs, and others...

Who is asking to login again and again with every new instance???

Have you logged in with the Standalone?  I believe once you do that you won't have to
do it again!

2 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Have you logged in with the Standalone?  I believe once you do that you won't have to
do it again!

Whatever I do second instance on another track is asking me about credentials again. :(

When I log successfully to first track I can close DAW and login to standalone without login popup and then run again DAW and on first track with AMP2 I am not asked to login. But creating second track where I would need to use BIAS AMP2 I am asked again.

When I remove all AMP2 instances from tracks,  adding the first instance is done without asking about credentials (assuming I didn't reboot machine and logged previously)...

Just like PG would let me use only one instance keeping track of credentials.

Obvious work around like 'skip login' may look good as just one click more but considering it is constant irritating and very stupid thing is making me crazy. And in fact I avoid AMP2 which I bought to stay calm... Or using only one instance... This is the only example of plugin which has such idiot thing.  Many manufactures requires login with credentials to check/verify license status but for sake of God without login popup with every instance :(

Are you able to create project with for instance 3 tracks with 3 AMP2 instances without beeing asked to login at least twice?

• Sad 1

Piotr - have you connected with their support?  I don’t see that at all.  Logged in once.  Never asked again no matter how many instances or tracks I’m using it on.  Understand that would be awful. But not seeing it here - so seems specific as an issue for your install.

20 hours ago, lawajava said:

Piotr - have you connected with their support?  I don’t see that at all.  Logged in once.  Never asked again no matter how many instances or tracks I’m using it on.  Understand that would be awful. But not seeing it here - so seems specific as an issue for your install.

Of course. But I dind't get any confirmation supporter even tried to follow my steps he just asked to reinstall again and again. What didn't repair anything but wasted my time extensively.

Are you sure you are writing about AMP2 (not FX2 or FX?). I have exactly the same problem on my 2 different machines. And what's more I tested it both on windows 10 and windows 7 (as both machines has dual hardware profiles with bootable disks for different OSes).

18 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

I don't have that problem either in CW or SOP4.  It does take a while to load, and may well be authenticating online, but it didn't ask me for creds in either host.

AMP2 ?

bias-amp2.jpg

Edited by Piotr

12 minutes ago, lawajava said:

Piotr - I actually contacted support about the issue sort of to investigate your issue. The answer that came back: try starting your DAW as Run as Administrator. 

How about trying that?

Thank you a lot for you help and effort.

I guess it tried this when was in touch with support but it is good sometimes to repeat something with new hope.

Unfortunately I got the same results as when running without elevating to admin. 

You can see on below picture 2 instances. 1-st logged in  (I did it of course manually), 2-nd again asking about credentials...

bias-runas-admin.thumb.jpg.3c4c3cd97235a763f45e428606be0f36.jpg

I don't know if it is working for you maybe app is behaving differently on OSes with non US lang? Anyway I believe it is bug or bad design. Also anyway just taking credential should require forcing user to start DAW differently.  And the user should decide if he wants such popup or login to TC or not. After any upgrades there is obvious need to connect to refresh content (like with custom shop or many other things) but no way to be asked every time I am adding new instance :(

They should just start at beginning seriously with my report and send it to devels and fix it.

I am tired of this application. Using it sporadically as it totally breaks my mod and workflow.

For me if something is not free manufacturer should focus on user's needs and workflow not on what they would like to show to user...

22 minutes ago, Magic Russ said:

Sorry about that, I got Amp and FX confused.

np, they made their products lines in a sense confusingly similar  ;)  

Amps sounds great but they completely screw up workflow. And so slow... :(

But some bugs are funny (but not letting to recover) like this below:

bias-fx.jpg.01cca0666dacd442edced7ec12a48daf.jpg

Probably this is so slow loading also because they encapsulated browsers engines into plugin to help them in showing content from URLs (like advertisements, offers, infos etc ) at start.

Well, maybe easier for them but what about user experience... Next step plugin written in java ? 🤣

• Confused 1