Late for Dinner

RobWS

In November 2017 when support for SONAR was dropped, I looked for a replacement DAW which took the form of PreSonus Studio One as a December sale was offered. I figured the more time that continued to pass without anyone reviving Cakewalk would result in more and more users moving on to other DAW options.  That meant, in my mind, less hope for any future continuation for Cakewalk.  I poked around in Studio One creating some simple ideas, like a “scratch pad” but never developed any projects.

I continued using SONAR because the learning curve, at least for my usage, was long past.  The work flow was so familiar, I didn’t want to put a lot of time into Studio One, still just creating some basic ideas with it and nothing more.  I create so much using MIDI, I didn’t want to learn a new system.  When Bandlab came on the scene a year and a half ago, I decided not to download the application and stick with SONAR, just reading reviews on this forum.  For the most part, it was positive.

Last week I was having some issues with the VST scan in SONAR and wondered if CbB would experience the same issues.  So, call me late for dinner, I finally downloaded the “new” Cakewalk.  Strangely enough, the VST scan issues continued, taking an unusual amount of scanning time, including tripping over error messages popping up.  But, that’s a topic for another post.  I have arrived.  Are there any appetizers left?