Nembrini 80% off all products

cclarry

Oh s#!t.. Where's Zo? Lol

I misjudged his PSA1000 last time. I didn't get a chance to demo it for myself last time as I had too much going on and instead I was looking at people on YouTube demoing it - and it didn't really seem to sound or respond like a real PSA-1 so I let this deal skate by last time. I've got a real PSA-1 (not the supposedly inferior 1.1) that I've had for over 20 years, and as I've been demoing the PSA1000 the last few days I can say it actually sounds d@mn close to the hardware, especially where it counts, which for me is the TWANG. The PSA-1 has this uncanny ability to twang like a tele even when the distortions are cranked (there's like three knobs on the PSA-1 that give you distortion; Preamp, Punch, and Drive). There's this sharp glassy twang you get when you turn down the Punch knob that for the most part is retained even when the other gains are cranked. And I found that the PSA1000 is able to do this too. Probably most people don't have the hardware to compare, and actually from reading around it seems most who've been using a PSA-1 emu plug have never actually used the hardware at all and that includes the guys who've been using the Pro Tools plugin forever, but to my ears anyway the PSA1000 is very close to the original and is a cool plug in its own right. It's also a bad@ss guitar/bass amp sim when paired w/ a power amp sim and some great IRs, which is how I'm using it. Same goes for his Guv'ner pedal a.k.a The Boss.. I've been  demoing that too and it's pretty dope w/ the free [Ignite] TPA-1 power amp and some IRs. Right now the only amp sims I'm using are the MRH810, PSA1000 and The Boss (and incidentally the Brainworx Ampeg VR which he also made). I'm not a fanboy of this guy; he just happens to make the high-end stuff that I'm liking the best, and because as I've said forever I don't like suites. Ok I gotta watch the Sondland hearing *sigh*

Edited by Christian Jones
cheeseburger
  • Haha 1