PA Introduce New TMT* Vintage Neve Console by Lindell

cclarry

Yeah, it will be sky high. 

But Lindell plugins sound really good. I like all of them and think they are some of the best that I have bought from PA. 

This one maybe hard to resist!!

I ain't got the Focusrite console strip yet. Not really wanting it for the asking price either.

But that Lindell..... mmmm.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Grem said:

Yeah, it will be sky high. 

But Lindell plugins sound really good. I like all of them and think they are some of the best that I have bought from PA. 

This one maybe hard to resist!!

I ain't got the Focusrite console strip yet. Not really wanting it for the asking price either.

But that Lindell..... mmmm.

Just buy both 😛

See how much time saved not to fight with doubts ;)

• Haha 2

You can scale the UI from 100%, 90%, 80%,  and 70%.  

There's 2, 4, 8, and 16X oversampling so if you're running low on DSP, you can scale it back.  

The THD tweeker knob (+/- 30) is pretty sick.  Tobias Lindell is an active audio engineer, so he self scrutinizes his stuff a lot before it's even tested by other people.  This is also why he tries to hit a price point that's acceptable from the hobbyist to the seasoned full time pro.  

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, e-cue said:

You can scale the UI from 100%, 90%, 80%,  and 70%.  

There's 2, 4, 8, and 16X oversampling so if you're running low on DSP, you can scale it back.  

The THD tweeker knob (+/- 30) is pretty sick.  Tobias Lindell is an active audio engineer, so he self scrutinizes his stuff a lot before it's even tested by other people.  This is also why he tries to hit a price point that's acceptable from the hobbyist to the seasoned full time pro.  

Thanks for the info - more importantly, how does it sound ?

re : the pricing - I would have thought that PA are setting the eventual (and BF) price - and it seems their policy to steer people towards their ‘rental’ scheme. This is a scheme that doesn’t work well for many of us who have already bought 95% of what we want (I think I have about 60-70 of their plugs) . They are penalising US to push their subscription to new users.

I know PA needs to make money and of course that’s right - but recently their prices has been eye watering.  I predict much grumbling when the price is released later. 

Just MO - and I have zero complaints about the quality of the stuff I have

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cclarry said:

$199.99 intro price

sigh

list price $249

I can't see they will sell many at that price

EDIT - they are sending out discount codes for this down to $129.99 - slightly more palatable 

Lindell-129-INTRO

the email says "Use this code during checkout to save. Valid until November 30.
Please feel free to share this code with your friends."

so they don't mind code sharing after all - but only when it suits them - now where  did I put my pitch fork ?

Edited by simon
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, simon said:

sigh

list price $249

I can't see they will sell many at that price

EDIT - they are sending out discount codes for this down to $129.99 - slightly more palatable 

Lindell-129-INTRO

the email says "Use this code during checkout to save. Valid until November 30.
Please feel free to share this code with your friends."

so they don't mind code sharing after all - but only when it suits them - now where  did I put my pitch fork ?

It they took that 1 off the front it would be even more palatable.

• Like 4

I'm sitting on a November voucher so I might wait until the last BF deals are announced and if there is nothing I want I might buy - will work out at $55 for me assuming I can stack vouchers.

seems like no upgrade path from existing lindell plugs either :(

Edited by simon
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Zo said:

99 here as a personnal offer , don t know if it s because of lindell or consoles i have or the zillion pa stidf i have 

was that sent as an email with a special code - or some kind of upgrade on the website ?

1 hour ago, simon said:

they like you more than they like me :)

at $99 with decent voucher I'd pull the trigger - wonder how it stacks up against the waves versions

Testing it as i type , really love the distortion ,  ot impressed  ye the comp but it s aneve thing in general , as i test on drums ... neve comps are not my cup of tee on those ...

EDIT : rsizing is from 100 to under ...there's no 120 ...ect lol exeptionnal !!

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1